Airfix 1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk 1

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice one Patrick, look forward to seeing this one. A few Hurricanes in the mix, great stuff.

First Name
Neil
I've been doing this too but not for the GB - I primed it last year so wasn't sure it was eligible. I was following the instructions which have the seat black and the rest of those parts black, but your worn version of cockpit green looks more authentic so I think I'll be repainting it. Still on the office anyway and done a few bits of the wheel wells so no big deal to go over with the green thinned it should have a nice effect.

D

dubster72

To be honest Neil, I didn't even look at the painting instructions! I'm far too lazy :smiling3:

D

dubster72

Thank you Joe & David!

The main assembly is now done. Just a little bit of sanding to do on the horizontal stabilizers as I'm not happy with the fit.

View attachment 97622

I had trouble with the wing to fuselage fit, not sure why as everything else seems ok. So some filling & sanding is needed!

View attachment 97620

View attachment 97621

This may well be the best it looks .... because I intend to not only brush paint it :eek: but also use the paints supplied! :eek::eek:

God help me!

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0002.JPG

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Good start patrick, I have this in the stash and I never realised this was a rag wing MkI until I saw your sprue shots , I have built the 1938 wooden prop version of this and that was a good kit

If you do use those paints just add a drop or two of water or thinner and they will be fine mate :smiling3:

D

dubster72

Cheers Al! I have an unfinished P-47 knocking about, so I'll test out the paint on that first ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Yeah it's best to test it I use a piece of sprue to see how thick it is , for some reason humbrol feels like it's a thin paint at first then cures very fast and can cause the paint to snag

Better three or four thin coats than two normal ones :smiling3: