Airfix 1/72 North American B25 MITCHELL Thread Closed please see completed

P

phikoleoputra

Looking forward to the finished model John, I'd say it's gonna tke few days for you to complete lol :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice one John. I have this kit from many moons ago so keen to see how your one goes.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice will look forward to seeing this one Steve, ;)

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Some slight progress as this as turned into somewhat of a filler fest in a lot of areas of the build and still some little bits of filler here and there to do but plodding along slowly hoping at some point to get the primer on tonight after masking and fixing canopies and adding a few missing parts ................ Realistically it will probably be tomorrow thanks for looking and any comments cheers John View attachment 94452

View attachment 94453

View attachment 94454

View attachment 94455

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That's a lovely old classic, you're doing a great job John.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The Mitchell looks great John - a very tidy build so far and will make into a stunning model I'm sure.

Cheers

Paul

P

phill burrows

Brilliant. Can't wait to see how it goes. I had one of those when younger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow, that's looking very tidy and crisp John. You're lucky, my one is moulded in a silver colour.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
Wow, that's looking very tidy and crisp John. You're lucky, my one is moulded in a silver colour.
Well Joe sorry to be the one to break the news to you but after glueing the kit together there are numerous gaps and miss aligned joints to be filled and sanded plus flash and seam lines to be cleaned off/up but with patience a fair standard can be achieved mine is awaiting primer and I will carefully go over it again once this as been applied and will determine a painted finish or a bmf on the results more later thanks John

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The Flying Gun, nice. All the way to the UK and back and wiping out entire squadrons of German fighters along the way. Still got those Battle comics packed away from the 80s. You can still read the entire Johnny Red collection: http://www.falconsquadron.sevenpennynightmare.co.uk/

D

dubster72

" A Knife for a Nazi" now there's an uncompromising message!

What would it be like today?

"Excuse me, Mr German Soldier Sir, perhaps we could sit down over a skinny latte & hobnobs to discuss why you're so awfully beastly to those Jewish chaps?" :P

T

tommy1drop

Nice start John, looking forward to seeing more, had a few of these in my younger days:rolleyes: brings back the memories:D

N

noble

Looks great Tommy looks like you got a handle on it, must admit I had one of these too when I was a kid.

scott

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
As previously mentioned my b25 will be displayed on a base and I have now decided to add this willys jeep and trailer(something to do while paint drys on the b25) to the base. Progress as slowed as work seems to have taken over my life yet again and all the shopping on the run into Christmas can't wait to win the lottery or retire View attachment 94683

image.jpg