Airfix 1/72 supermarine Walrus Mk 1

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice to see an old airfix given an airing. Although, I really don't fancy being the rear gunner - a bit close to that prop.

Colin M..

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That's a fine build Alan............ Really good.

The bloke in the back Colin is in a very precarious billet ........ A sneezing fit and he'd get scalped. and the bloke in the front would freeze his "Jewels" off.

Peter

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
That looks nicely done Alan, and good work with the rigging, That has always been the thing that puts me off doing bi-planes.

Tony.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Glad you like it guys , I had some problems with my paint , it went like thick and reacted like syrup and in places I got a bubble or two which I was hoping would dry out but didn't.

Tony the rigging is quite easy on biplanes.

1st Drill holes in the top of the bottom half of the bottom wings where you want the rigging.

2nd put your cotton through the holes you've drilled and fix them with a bit of super glue and cut off the excess.

3rd afix the underneath part of the wing and attach the wing to the body of the plane , do this both sides

4th then attach the wing struts to the bottom wings

5th drill holes in the bottom half of the top wing and attach it to the struts and pull the cotton through the holes and super glue them in place , Again cut off the excess

6th then just afix the top half of the wing and there you go rigging where it should be.

Hope this has been a help

Ps I didn't do this I attach the rigging to the top of the struts and then realised it would have been better to do what I have just explained lol

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Alan. It is a refreshing change to see a Walrus in that scheme.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
A nice job on what looks like an old kit.
It is tony i don't know when it was first produced but its got be old