Airfix 1/72 Tiffi

T

T. van Vuuren

I just got the new airfix Hawker Typhoon in 72 scale and from the looks of it , what a little gem!

The dryfit on the fuselage sofat rivals that of "tamigawa" and the engraved detail is really nice and crisp.

The last 2 new tool airfix decal sets I used worked extremely well (made by cartograff I understand???) and in this kit they supply the invasion stripes for the bottom of the wings and fuse as decals.

Here is my question - has anyone built this model and used the stripes without big hassles? I would prefere not to mask and paint the stripes if the decals work as well as I hope.

Thanx

Theuns

First Name
Mike
I haven't built the kit myself Theuns but this blogger rates the kit decals highly:-

http://falkeeinsmodel.blogspot.ca/2013/06/new-tool-airfix-hawker-typhoon-ib-172nd_3.html

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
And he's someone whose opinion I would trust........I must catch up with his Luftwaffe blog.

Cheers

Steve

T

T. van Vuuren

Cool, that is what I was hoping for. I never thought I would say it, but I might become an Airfix fan! I just wish they would label the "new? kits as actual new tool or just re-boxing.

I have painted the cockpit green, the plans call for the wheelwells to be silver (I know fro the Hunter Hawker did this) but also the internal structure of the gun bays silver.

Is this right? I would have thought them to be green primer, or was silver lacure used here aswell?

Theuns