Airfix Gloster J-8A 1:72

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It's done. My first plane with Skis, even if they are a bit comedy like. There's no history with this one, well, ok I've been a bit lazy and haven't checked.

The silver is Alclad aluminium, then Vallejo for the other colours. However, after getting a bit tired of poor results from Vallejo matt varnish, this time I used Mig matt varnish. Which I'm happy to say worked very well.

Please forgive me a bit of artistic license with the propeller. The instructions said to paint it 'wood'. Well that was just a bit too plain so I had to go for the a grained gloss finish. I like my props' like this.

I did leave a bit too much wash on before applying the matt varnish, hence it looks a bit more dirty than I was planning on, but it's ok. Note to self, use more light when working at night !

The pics.

View attachment 117477

View attachment 117478

View attachment 117479

View attachment 117480

View attachment 117481

View attachment 117482

Comments and questions always welcomed.

Colin M..

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

First Name
Robert
Great build Colin the rigging looks awesome and the prop looks good too, grain looks very good.

Robert

T

treyzx10r

Looks awesome Colin,all that rigging in 1/72 scale makes my eyes hurt just thinking about it! Excellent work on the prop as well!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Beaut build Colin. That prop is very nicely finished. Overall a great build, nice one.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
WOW!!

Amazing rigging work there!!:eek:

....ditto on the prop!!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks all for stopping by and having a look. I was attracted to the model by the skis and camo scheme. Then I though, oh yes, rigging - in 1:72 not again.................................

So, the next build, a mono plane I think.

Colin M...

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Great build Colin,do real like the look you have, the rigging looks awesome how you do it,

and the prop looks good as well,the grain is just great,very well done all round, ;)