Airfix Royal Sovriegn

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is superb Ken, and I mean superb! The paintwork and quality coupled with weathering really set it off, but what really brings it to life is the base. You get a sense of movement and a wooden ship pitching and listing. The lighting in the rear cabins is a very nice touch too.

One of my faves.

Si:smiling3:

B

Benhur

Wow that is great. I doubt I could ever do such a good paint job. You must have a real steady hand.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
You must have a real steady hand.
A bottle of Whiskey and he is fine...want to see his builds when sober...a right mess :D

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Absolutely Superb Ken............. Big "Great Build" from me mate.

D

Deleted member 3568

Si, you know the 12 whiskeys a night are just for medicinal, benhur, what's you're name? We're all on first name terms here mate, I'm sure you could do just as well.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I'm sure you could do just as well.
Agree...if in doubt, put holes in it and do it sunk, that's what I do when something goes wrong...which is most of the time.

L

Laurie

Quite something Ken. a lot of detail work. Superb model.

You any problem can you top that.

Laurie

D

Deleted member 3568

I think I will when I start my 1/8 heller Citroen Traction Avant, gulp when I pluck the courage to start it 1100+ parts. Even with roymattblacks dvd its still a daunting build.

D

Deleted member 4203

Fantastic! Love that plaque at the bottom there, adds to the presentation of the build :D ;) :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Actually when you look at the pics of the final build analytically it is a piece of sh"@ it couldn't look more plastic if I tried, I got carried away by rolf and the GMM wanting it, I think my ego got carried away, that last pic especially looks totally plastic and rubbish just glad Rolf dosnt know anything about ships.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Actually when you look at the pics of the final build analytically it is a piece of sh"@ it couldn't look more plastic if I tried, I got carried away by rolf and the GMM wanting it, I think my ego got carried away, that last pic especially looks totally plastic and rubbish just glad Rolf dosnt know anything about ships.
I still think it looks great Ken. I'll tell you what, all plastic scale sailing vessels look plasticky even when painted really well, something about the way they are.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
that's what I do when something goes wrong...which is most of the :cool: :P :p:p:p:ptime.

Steady on Si you may one day see yourself painted and rutted up by th wife!!! ( I'm sure the wife's thought of it a few times!!!

( sorry that couldn't be helped)

Robert :P :p:p:p:p:p

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Hi Ken

What can one say to yet another awesome masterpiece from the King of ship building ( think I may have put some noses out of joint there?)

Been watching this come together and what you have achieved is beyond anything a lot of us if I'm honest could match. ( that' sea looks so lifelike!!

Your painting and weathering along with your minds eye on what you want to achieve is very impressive.

( ps.....who's Ben hur ? Your cat?

Awesome

A true genius at work

Robert

D

Deleted member 3568

Benhur is the new member, look at the build again, it's actually complete rubbish, I admit I thought it was some of my best work, but, if you look at it analytically its a piece of rubbish, a 6 yr old could do better.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
a 6 yr old could do better.
Crap Ken, it looks great, we all agree. Like I said, there is something about these sail ship models that doesn't always look the best. You have pulled it off mate, stop kicking yourself.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Superb Ken,do real like the waves and the water dose look so good as well,very nice setting, :D

D

dougie

Ken has had too many 'Viskies and can't see that we all think it looks nice haha