Airfix Royal Sovriegn

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Every one at times looks at one of their builds that everyone else thinks looks great but when you look at it, it looks like crap. Very common, I think it comes from looking at the thing too damn long. I have the same feeling at times, it will pass, I think it looks Superb! ;) The rigging alone would have sent me to the looney bin:eek:............Jim:smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Stunning work Ken. I enjoyed watching your build progress, the end result is well worthy of a great build.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Just got back home yesterday and I'm trying to catch up on the builds....and what a great way to start.

Top work Ken...Sometimes we are our own worst critics, but I reckon this is one excellent build, so I don't care what you think, so there! :P

M

My Model Car Workshop

You will never get a plastic ship to look as authentic as a wooden model, especially old sailing ships. But as Si says, you have done a nice job of this one Ken and its a credit to you. :smiling3: .

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks guys and gal, well my Rolf took delivery of it today and said it is totally amazing, said he knew it would be good as he had seen the way it was going, but that it was way better than he had expected, he recons it's the framing that finishes it off.

S

Stevekir

How was the water done? The froth is very good. Perhaps transparent sealing stuff (from a DIY store?) over a blue base?

D

Deleted member 3568

Yep its just bathroom sealant rucked up with a spoon. Then the tips painted white.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
superb work and the base really sets your great build off

D

Deleted member 4539

Definitely a lot of work you have put into this and you should be well chuffed with what you have achieved.

Ralph.