airfix sea king hc4

T

T. van Vuuren

Ok guys, I am calling this one done.The detail of this kit is nice, I would have liked more detail in the main and tail rotorhead assembly, they are very basic. I added pitch likns to the main rotor head.The decals were OK, a little unreactive to microsol, but not to bad.The folded rotor head and tail is a nice touch. This model needs to be mounted on a base, there are many things to break off when handling it, I did so with the port side mounding ladder/door.Otherwize a good little model, a vast improvement ovr the old tool sea king 
icon_smile.gif
Theuns

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Nice build there and as you say a vast improvement over the old kit.

And I have both of the new versions's in my stash so I can't wait to get building

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
The detail of this kit is nice, I would have liked more detail in the main and tail rotorhead assembly, they are very basic. I added pitch likns to the main rotor head.

I totally agree with you about the MRH pitch change links, it's a small detail but makes a huge difference to the finished look...which is very good by the way. You can see this builds well out of the box but also there is still plenty of opportunity to further detail it. Great build.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks great Theuns.  Good clean build with a neat paint finish.

Love the look of the folded rotor.

Cheers

P

B

Builder

Awesome looking chopper there Theunsy mate. Well done bro!