Airfix Spit MKXII

First Name
Chris
Hi all,

just a couple of pics of the cockpit of my current build. This kit got some good reviews so thought I'd give Airfix another go and it's a pretty good kit so far. Eduard etch set in the cockpit too. This will going into a little airfield dio I have planned. All comments welcome.

Regards

Chris

View attachment 42186View attachment 42181View attachment 42183View attachment 42184View attachment 42185

View attachment 45557

View attachment 45558

View attachment 45559

View attachment 45560

View attachment 45561

View attachment 45562

View attachment 45563

DSCF0880.jpg

DSCF0881.jpg

DSCF0882.jpg

DSCF0883.jpg

DSCF0884.jpg

DSCF0885.jpg

DSCF0886.jpg

A

andyrobs

Hi Chris, looking good mate, nice detail in the cockpit. What scale is this?

Cheers, Andrew

First Name
Chris
How silly of me not put in such vital info, it's 1/48 Andrew.

Thanks for the kind words.

Regards

Chris

D

dubster72

Very nice office work Chris! This should build into a good model.

Cheers

Patrick

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That looks very nice indeed,if a bit blurred. Your photographs are nearly as dodgy as mine :smiling3:

Seriously,it's good to see Airfix up their game and produce something like this.

Cheers

Steve

M

mobear

really nice cockpit you have there,your painting is good

mobear

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Great detail going on there Chris.

Vaughan

T

tecdes

Chris

Just hope I can help a bit.

Your photos are blurred as you will have seen.

Two things here. First not sure of what camera you are taking the pictures with.

Next have you a focus adjustment or do you take on auto ?

It looks to me as if you are probably to close to your subject. All lens have a minimum distance from lens to subject. Closer & you will be out of focus. Look at your instructions & they may give that minimum distance. If it does not give that minimum distance takes some shots varying your distance noting by measuring the distance for each shot. Then you have the closest you can be to be in focus.

You may also have a macro setting. This if there will allow shots closer. On most cameras this is noted with a tulip type graphic.

Worth a bit of trouble so that we can all better appreciate your model making skills.

Kind regards

Laurie

First Name
Chris
Thanks for the comments and the tips guys, I had intended to remove the more blurry pictures but forgot. I confess that in my attempts to get good close ups I get a little to close even for the macro setting to help.

Regards

Chris

B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely looking cockpit with just the right level of weathering. Most cameras will warn you if you are too close to focus so if yours gives an unusual sounding 'beep' when you half press the shutter release that may be what is happening.