Alan 45 D Day dio

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Amazing work Al, you have found an issue and worked the problem to create a suitable situation-looks better in my opinion. Top work mate, I really mean it-look at your first dio's compared to this one and you have really improved in just a few months mate-this is looking tops.Si:smiling3:
Your too kind mate I like it I think it's good but I think the scale makes it look better , you can get away with little things in 1/72 but thanks for your comments mate I appreciate them very much :smiling3:

P

Polux

Ouchh!!! Poor soldier.....but this was the war....

I like it, Alan.

There will be many more soldiers? I ask it, because will be great to see this action scene on the beach ;)

Is a fantastic dio Alan!!!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thank you Pollux my friend :smiling3: yes there will I'm doing the wounded at the moment so I can the put the rest amongst them so there will be about 30/40 on the dio

Thanks again mate I appreciate it

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I do intend to split that figure up the poor yanks will be facing many MG 42,s :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Patrick I was thinking it wouldn't work :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i do real like it Alan, as Polux said its ar, and why not do it as it was, maybe some will not like it, but its what happen, :rolleyes:

i do like that blood effect , and oh ouch 30 to 40 ,oh lol thats alot of work, but will look great, and cannot wait for next update,,

the wire around the bunker looks good as well, and this is turning into a master, :rolleyes:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well I've walking around the forum with my eyes shut. This is brilliant Alan. So impressed.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
It's looking good Alan, blood and guts and all ;)

Lee :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I appreciate the kind comments :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Been missing for a few days and look what's happened.....

This is top class work Alan. Your diorama skills have come on in leaps and bounds. Really well done old lad!

No offence, but the jury here is out about the wounded element. I personally don't think it necessary to have blood spurting out. The diorama would be great with just a suggestion of blood on tunics...without the need to over emphasize it. I hope you don't mind the above, but you did ask...lol!

Cheers,

Ron

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
All comments welcome Ron as always I just wanted to do something different and I know some are sensitive about such things but we can't shy away from the reality of war

On a bad taste level you make a valid point but on an authentic level it sort of levels out the argument

There is not going to be a blood bath only one more figure which may be a talking point but others are of blood effect as you suggest :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I agree the reality of war can't - and shouldn't be hidden....and I'm certainly not sensitive, I'm thinking more of the actual reality of 'yer man with blood coming out like it was from a hose pipe....It looks a bit over the top to me. I realise you are experimenting with various effects which is great, it's just that that particular figure doesn't look right.....to me anyway.

The main thing is you are fine with it, everyone has their own interpretation on such things. Which in turn makes this modelling lark so much fun.....!

However, that minor detail aside, you have created one brilliant scene. Everything is nicely balanced. A real credit to you, that's for sure......

D

dubster72

The beginning of Saving Private Ryan is pretty much a bloodbath & certainly shocked this viewer about the realities of being randomly shot.

As for the spurting blood, my ex is a nurse & she's seen neck wounds go 4-5 feet across the room due to the high pressure & large blood vessels in the neck.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I agree the reality of war can't - and shouldn't be hidden....and I'm certainly not sensitive, I'm thinking more of the actual reality of 'yer man with blood coming out like it was from a hose pipe....It looks a bit over the top to me. I realise you are experimenting with various effects which is great, it's just that that particular figure doesn't look right.....to me anyway.The main thing is you are fine with it, everyone has their own interpretation on such things. Which in turn makes this modelling lark so much fun.....!

However, that minor detail aside, you have created one brilliant scene. Everything is nicely balanced. A real credit to you, that's for sure......
Ron I didn't think you were having a pop mate it is a subjective thing to put in a dio and you were well within your rights to bring it up so I haven't taken offence and if my reply came across that way I do apologise

It is an experiment but I doubt I will go as far in the future not because I don't want to upset anyone but from a personal feeling of it being uncomfortable :smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Cheers mate , no need to move out I've got a display room 10 foot square :smiling3: so it will be a while yet before I have to kick a child out for lack of space :D
For goodness sake Alan, don't kick your kids out just to make room for your models! Sell them instead. That way you'll get more money for more models!

Gern