Alfa Romeo 155 V6 ti Jagermeister - Tamiya 1/24

S

Ssasho0

Hello guys,

long time no see, this is the build I am working on at the moment - Tamiya's Alfa Romeo 155. I really like the orange colour of this one, so it was an easy decision. The model itself is a bit old and this is visible, not on par to the likes of the new Mercedes 300sl by Tamiya for example, but still fits perfectly. I got a PE and resin set from hobbydesign and additional decals from Shunko. This was a bit of overkilla sthis time Tamiya provided decals are printed by Cartograph, which is a first time for me. My experience with Tamiya's decals is terrible so far, but this time they ae thin and flawless. I am using white Tamiya surface primer and Zero Paints orange for the main colour. So far I have been doing some basic work on the engine - no real detailing there for now, but I plan to add the visible on the pictures I have cables. I found it very frustrating that the pictures of thisparticular car are quite rare and good quality pictures of the engine are practically missing or at least I wasn't able to find them. Pictures of teh cockpit are also quite rare, usually they are of other cars of the period, but I will be using them as much as possible. The cocpit is nearly ready - I still ahve to finish the dials and the wheel area, but as the doors are not openable, I will not be going in too much detail.

Here are the pictures, any comments, quaetions tips or pictures of the engine ar emost welcome :smiling3:

best regards,

Sasho

untitled5_zpsxon6n5it.png

untitled4_zpsbvhr4g31.png

untitled3_zpsezp1jre4.png

untitled2_zpseibg5bjb.png

untitled_zpso8bdnbei.png

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Nice, you are going all out on the interior! B|

Is that stock or after market, with regards to the electrics?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Love this sasho ! Im a big alfa fan and the competition 155s always looked superb especially in the jagermeister or old spice schemes, looking forward to the next pics , cheers tony

S

Ssasho0

Hi Snowman and Tony,

the electric gadgets are part of Hobby Design's detail up set, that consist of resin, turned metal and PE parts. They are represented in teh orginal kit and not bad at that, but the detail of the aftermarket is better. Still the doors are moulded closed so this detail will stay hidden forever.

Bets regrads,

Sasho

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Thanks for the info!! :D

S

Ssasho0

I have been decalling with carbon fiber decals for the last two days. As relief I worked on the PE grills on the front bumper or whatever it is called. Also some more pictures of the work so far, especially the resin exhaust, which are the biggest resin upgrade from the plastic part.

untitled9_zpsfltpd0yg.png

untitled14_zpsjwpfnib4.png

untitled13_zps5oembbyb.png

untitled12_zpse6ulibbz.png

untitled11_zpsk0me97q3.png

untitled8_zpspxnr7crv.png

untitled15_zpsg4uhgfex.png

S

Ssasho0

So some more decalling and painting work - the rims and the spoiler are ready, just they need some gloss cover :smiling3:

IMG_1753_zpscxfvauy8.jpg

IMG_1770_zps4kwihk0f.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Some really "Top Work" going on with this build....... superbly done so far.