All for scrap-Luftwaffe 1945- Finished

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've decided this is complete.

I actually made a more elaborate base but found it simply didn't photograph with the back drop well.

I've compromised on a much simpler affair which I can re-use for other models.

The Focke-Wulf 190 A-8,Bf 109 G-10 and He 177 A-5 come from Revell in one big box entitled "Icons of Aviation-German Veteran Aircraft". The two fighters are okay and the big Heinkel is a very nice kit. The Me 262 is one of Hobbyboss' easy build kits and was probably the worse kit of the lot!

Build thread here.http://www.scale-models.co.uk/planes-helicopters/16771-1-72-scale-luftwaffe-dio.html

Anyway,this is 1945,the war is over and various aeroplanes have been pushed to the corner of an airfield. With the exception of one which was awaiting the installation of a new wing when time was called they are largely complete.

They are going nowhere now but the scrap yard. If sheep wonder about anything they would wonder what all the fuss had been about.

Not all the markings are strictly genuine but all the camouflage schemes are based on real aircraft. I wanted to show the huge variety to be found on late war Luftwaffe aircraft.

There's a lot of photos now.

First the view as we approach the group.

Now we've walked around to the other side.

Conscious of the needs of modellers in 70 years time we've got some snaps of the individual fighters.

And finally a snap from above as we leave to show the various camouflage.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Polux

Nice little tribute to the Luftwaffe Aircraft.

Without doubt, a great job of paint!!

I like the detail of the sheeps grazing calmly Steve, if they knew the warlike potential of the place, not be serious equal.

Cheers. Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well done Steve. Great idea and I love the camo painting That Ju must have driven you dotty!

Quite a sad scene really.

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautifully done as always Steve.

Pity you didn't do these a few months ago. I chose the Revell Ju 290 "Alles Kaput" for my captured GB which has the same scheme as your He 177. I'd got it almost ready for painting but I hadn't worked out how to do that scheme. Now you've shown how to paint it, it's such a shame that I broke the back of mine by dropping something on it! :censored2:

Gern

PS If you fancy another go at that camo scheme, I can really recommend the Revell Ju 290. It's a nice 'plane and the kit is certainly one of Revell's better ones. It goes together beautifully.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Brilliant - the He177 is an impressive beast.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
nice one Steve, knew it would look good.

A cracking dio mate.

Tony.

T

treyzx10r

Steve another great project that has played out very nicely! I really like the amount of detail you got on all the paint work,the He177 really pops! I've never seen the cammo on the 262 before, very unique and again well executed !

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great diorama Steve, it was good to watch these being built and now in their diorama setting. The 109 came out really well, I wondered how you would show the wing root detail on such a small model. The FW190 is pretty complete, I hope it ends up in a museum.

The Me262 you say was a Tamiya easy build kit, but in the thread it shows a Hobbyboss kit. As I have no idea, and not that it really matter too much, but are Hobbyboss related to Tamiya?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Ooops! It was Hobbyboss. I'll edit this thread to avoid any confusion.

Sorry and thanks for pointing that out.

Also thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice one steve , loving the sheep. The camo on the He177 is super and the 262 looks so different in that scheme , great stuff , cheers tony

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Steve i watched this build all the way, and may i say it was a master class to show how to build and paint all the way, well worth 5 stars for that alone, but the diorama tops it off nicely. Well done Steve and heres to watching your next build

K

Kressy13

Great work Steve. Excellent paint work on all of them. The 177 does stand out though. I will have to do a night fighter scheme at some point. They look great. Well done mate.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Steve, this is great. Excellent idea and very well executed.....Love it!

Ron