Allen's 1/35 Reihenwerfer auf Somua MCG S307(f) (Dave's 1/2 track GB)

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn all and especially Dave (Gern),

As you all know, I have a 5% completion rate in GB's. I am trying to get better and with my new found modeling method, it just might!!! I finally finished Dave's GB a week ago and I have to say it was a great kit to build. Yea, it took a long time and way over the time frame by about 2 years. I'm really sorry Dave, but as they say, better late than never. There is a GB build thread on here somewhere too. I'm no computer tech......

The Brach Models kit is full resin and with care and a good CA, it goes together very well. The resin is high quality and the details are great. The mortar tubes are metal and pre-cast into the resin frames for assembly. Here are some pics of the completed model and a big thanks to Dave for hosting this GB, from way back when!!!...

4a.JPG
IMG_4498.JPG
IMG_4495.JPG
IMG_4497.JPG
IMG_4499.JPG
IMG_4502.JPG

And a few of pics of her weathered up and in place near Normandy, in '44,

1a.JPG
2a.JPG
IMG_4504.JPG

Thanks for looking and I'll try to improve my GB finish rate.........

Prost
Allen

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I like that Allen. A very nice model. I'd never heard of it before your build. Odd looking that's for sure. "Who stole the front mudguards!!" :tongue-out3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautiful

PS Don't worry about being late. I never got to finish my own entry as I couldn't work out how to do the tracks.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Youngerthanme,
I can now shave off the long grey beard, getting annoying everythime I tried to walk....

Excellent to see you have completed this build, and it looks the part, well done, 5 star job.

Olderthanyou.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent mate. Lovely finish of an unusual vehicle. Cracking them out now. The new found modelling method is just getting the bum on the seat and getting on with it I bet……

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That's something a bit different. Very nice it is too. Nice one Allen.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Remember it well. Very well done.
I kind of did too, Paul and that's why I decided to finally finish it. Thanks Buddy!..

Congrats Bro!
Thanks Fred! there's more in life than cold ones. Best regards to Ginger too...

I like that Allen. A very nice model. I'd never heard of it before your build. Odd looking that's for sure. "Who stole the front mudguards!!" :tongue-out3:
I know Jim and it was one of the funnies from Baukommando Becker using captured stuff. I guess he had to save metal and that's why he only gave it the little flappy mudguards behind the wheels...

Beautiful

PS Don't worry about being late. I never got to finish my own entry as I couldn't work out how to do the tracks.
Thank you Dave! Maybe one day those tracks will come together and you'll be later than me...

It may be late, but it looks great Allen. Cracking work.
Much appreciated Ian! I love these resin kits from Brach Models and have 2 more in the stash...

Good grief, Allen, you have become a regular Modelling Machine.
John.
I'm not sure about that, John! But I do have a new outlook and it's "Get em Done", and not let them become dust collector's...

Great job also refreshingly diffrent from the same old same old. Dave :thumb2:
Thanks Dave! I agree with that. I do like off the wall stuff and I have some more to come...

Nice one Centurion - now I don't feel so bad about my GB completion statistics!
Steve
You shouldn't ever feel bad about GB finishing statistics, Steve. I am the worst one in the world. It's all about having fun Buddy...

Youngerthanme,
I can now shave off the long grey beard, getting annoying everythime I tried to walk....

Excellent to see you have completed this build, and it looks the part, well done, 5 star job.

Olderthanyou.
Oooh much Olderthanme, is that why hundreds of rugrats were always running up to you say they were good, between July and December 24th???................Thanks Mike and does the 5 stars make me a General now???...

Excellent mate. Lovely finish of an unusual vehicle. Cracking them out now. The new found modelling method is just getting the bum on the seat and getting on with it I bet……
Thank you Tim! And yes, more building and less W.W.W./reference reading. My butt is always on the seat, but now I'm accomplishing things and it feels good too!!!

That's something a bit different. Very nice it is too. Nice one Allen.
Thanks Boss! You know I do love the crazy stuff. Just needs a fig to top it off...

Thanks again for the interest and wonderful comments. They do keep me going. Now, if only I could only ketchup with all your great builds...

Prost
Allen

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks Bro! It was a lot of fun to finish, until I broke off the aiming device at the show. Gotta fix that now............

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Late again ! Report to my office Dewire !
Seriously though , I would be standing there with you , while the headmaster sits bending his cane ! My rate of finishing for the GBs is sketchy to say the least .
It was worth the wait though , a fantastic build of a very obscure subject . Top marks for the difficulty of the build too , with all the fragile resin pieces , fantastic work , cheers tony