Al's Kanonen Vogel

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That has come out really well. It's always a bit of a heart stopper removing the masking!

Cheers

Steve

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I knew it was going to look ok paint wise...just had that feeling. But this is the second time i've been bitten with Academy decals. Seriously not impressed with their decals. But still buzzin about the paint :smiling3:

F

Fenlander

Really looking the business isn't it. Hats off to you for sticking with it, you have done a great job. Good luck with the masking of the markings.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Allyne,

You're not having much luck with this one are you?! What with both the paint and now the decals lifting.

Tell you what though. It's gonna look real good when you've finished! Well done for persevering and showing the rest of us how you're coping with these problems. Just goes to show it ain't the end of the world if summat goes wrong on a kit. I guess some of us - me for certain - would have given up on this one and relegated it to either the bin or the 'shelf of doom'.

Gern

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
It's actually been quite good in a sadistic way Dave. It's made me have to think about how i'm going to get around certain problems and also i've never done a winter scheme over a 'normal' colour scheme before. But i think i'll pick an easier model to build next once this one is finished lol

N

noble

Allyne this is looking very nice indeed i just love the the paint work, sorry to hear about the decals though a bit of a bummer well done though .

scott

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Going to start making up the masks for the 'decals' tomorrow but i couldn't wait until tomorrow to see how the canopy turned out. So i've unmasked it and it looks good (in my opinion). I'm really liking this winter scheme. A first for me and i've already seen a Hs129B-3 in a winter scheme i'd like to do. Here are a few pics of it with the canopy unmasked (decals still a mess though)

C

Caledonia

Hi Allyne, Wow your blue tack certainly worked. The only winter scheme I have done was my Ju 52/3M - Where Eagles Dare. Looking forward to seeing the finished model. Cheers Derek

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Well done Allyne, that's come out just fine.

You're a braver man than I, Gunga Dihn!

Ron

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Allyne

That winter scheme looks cool, well done on a well executed and new technique. Ron is quite right you are a brave man but kudos for trying new stuff!

All the best with the decals

Paul

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys. I'm still well chuffed with the paint. Don't get me wrong it's not perfect but i certainly think it looks the part. Just been measuring up the decals so i can make a paint mask for them. Had to stop as it's my son's 2nd birthday and we've had a party. Daddy has had one or two drinks so i think i'll give the modelling a miss tonight lol

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hm guna have to try get hold of some of that blue tak stuff.

That looks the dogs dangly bits! I can understand you feeling chuffed when you pulled all that BT off and saw the results of your labour!

Well done Allyne. Go take another well earned drink.

Ian M

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Well i've had family up for the last 30 days so nothing has been done to it. Best i get cracking eh?

Have made the wing cross template and so i need to make the fuselarge one now. Once that's done (probably tomorrow after the West Ham match) i'll spray them on. I really need to get this finished as i've two other models awaiting start and one of them is a big job to do.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Right ok i admit i have neglected this model and GB. So sorry for that. Kind of hit a brick wall with it and got bored. But i will finish this for saturday. Just put on my home made crosses on the wings and fuse after the Academy ones decided to break up so badly. Doesn't look great but it'll do.

View attachment 20642

View attachment 27709

281020101872.jpg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Stick with it Allyne! Together we can finish this GB!!!

Cheers

Paul

F

Fenlander

looking good to me Al. Don't be hard on yourself, you have tried techniques on this model that many of us have never done, or ever will. You have made a cracking job of it bud.

S

sprayman

Indeed a top job, just caught up with this, keep at it Allyne.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys. Getting there. I will finish it! lol

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Well the last thing to go on is the prop cap spiral and guess what.... Yep good old Academy decals have struck again, even before i get them off the sheet. Nice crazy paving sample. The pic picks up a few of the cracks

View attachment 20655

View attachment 27722

291020101878.jpg

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Well it's finished minus the prop spiral. Pics can be found in the completed section