Ammo Mig Acrylics.

First Name
Steve
Hi all does anyone use the above acrylic paint, if so how does compare with Vellejo model air also how does it airbrush straight from the bottle and would you think it is suitable to go on top of Vellejo primer, the reason i ask is i have only ever airbrushed model air, but Ammo does some colours not available from Vellejo that would be cool on my trucks.

Hopefully you can give me some good news then i can put an order in for John as i need a few other bits as well.

Cheers Steve.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I wouldn't touch Ammo with a bargepole. Used their NATO set on my Tiger helicopter, and the green was blotchy and wouldn't dry - still tacky after 4 days, the brown wouldn't spray evenly whatever I did. The black was OK.
I've gone back to Vallejo.

Pete

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
funny enough i tried some of their 'one shot' primer...........with out doubt the best primer ive ever used!

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
The only Ammo paint I’ve had problems with was white, all the others not an issue

First Name
Steve
The only Ammo paint I’ve had problems with was white, all the others not an issue

Thanks John there is no harm in trying a couple, it's mainly the reds i'm interested in, i will order tomorrow as i need some more scratch building stuff but need to study the plastics.

Regards Steve.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
MiG Ammo isn't quite as forgiving as Vallejo, it seems to need more shaking to really mix it, and In my experience needs a good primer to make it stick! Given that, and care, I use MiG Ammo, and don't have many problems. Sometimes, their sets exactly fill the needs for a model - and that is why I have several MiG sets ( And Vallejo, and Hataka, and AK, and Lifecolor sets! ). Although Vallejo is still my most used!
Dave

First Name
Steve
MiG Ammo isn't quite as forgiving as Vallejo, it seems to need more shaking to really mix it, and In my experience needs a good primer to make it stick! Given that, and care, I use MiG Ammo, and don't have many problems. Sometimes, their sets exactly fill the needs for a model - and that is why I have several MiG sets ( And Vallejo, and Hataka, and AK, and Lifecolor sets! ). Although Vallejo is still my most used!
Dave

Thanks Dave i've ordered some from John so will give it a go next week some time.

Steve.