AMT '40 Ford Woodie Delivery-Rides Magazine

P

PWick

An interesting subject as it doesn't show any 'Woodie' on the box art or in the plans or in the box! So I thought I'd add it! The front wheels were heavily fluted, which weren't very nice at all. Looking through the chrome parts there are a number of extra bits from a standard kit, so I cut the fluted area of the wheels out, replaced that with a piece of plasticard with a hole in the centre to give the correct offset on the axle ends. Using the separate chromed rear halves of the rims, opening out the hole and adding spare domed hubcaps for the smooth look.
35_zpsjyt4sqh5.jpg

36_zps16cif3cu.jpg

37_zpsvcsxlmql.jpg

39_zpsbulgnugi.jpg

44_zpsy74wvqly.jpg

The paint is Plasti-Kote Metallic Blue.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Oooooh, custom woody!! Me likey!!:D:D:cool::cool:

This cries out for more detail.....but that is just me.:rolleyes:;)
Cant't fault you, lovely piece of work!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

F

Fenlander

You certainly like your Woodies, very nice and great work on the wheels.

P

PWick

Thanks guys, yes I love woodies, so much I've just printed off another decal sheet of woodgrain!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice looking woodie,Patrick,do like the blue,with the chrome ;)

P

PWick

Thanks Monica, for your comments. I tried to get the darkest paint against the chrome without using black.

P

PWick

Thanks Colin. Well I only use rattle can paints, but they are sat in about an inch of hot water to atomise the paint, then shake the can as per the instructions. Also print my own decals from hunting down images on the web. I've only been building for 60 years. Great fun!