An old favorite of mine "Hold Until Relieved"

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Barry...much obliged. The images here are quite big and I'm seeing that my style has changed. I used to airbrush most of my weathering especially rust stains. So they look kinda soft.

Cheers,
Richard

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
One for the ages. Sometimes all the magic comes together at once, compo., assy., & finishes. You can tell it has old figs by their hands showing the state of the art at the time. BTW, I've known guys w/two left feet. PaulE

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Mike and Paul...thanks. If I could turn back time and do it again with knowledge I have gathered through the years might not turn out the same. I can only reminise and be thankful it got done. :smiling2: I don't know if I'm more detailed than I ever was. Sometimes I feel nothings changed perhaps some finer painting or a certain technique has improved. Still I look at it and just smile.
Paul you discover them on the dance floor when you get stepped on. :tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Richard

First Name
Alex
I love dioramas like this where there is a lot of activity like the scene is alive. I think this is A+ work and seeing work like this inspires me to continue model making.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Alex. I'm glad this has inspired you as much as it was an inspiration to build.

Cheers,
Richard

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
fantastic,build,your done,hear,Richard, people have mostly said as I,would,plus more,
one thing that ,I real like is the guy with ,the two left,feet :smiling::thumb2: ,

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Monica, so you prefer guys with two left feet...just kidding.:smiling4: Ya, his pose looks very relaxed. The two left feet made it possible to have it close together and the joint was covered extending the smock with putty.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Steve, thank you very much. With digital cameras these days it's as easy as point and shoot. All you need is a large nuetral background and sufficient light. I have a clear roof over my porch that gives good diffused natural sunlight.

Cheers,
Richard

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
DDAAAAMMMMMNNNN that is the kind of Diorama i love the watch over and over and over again.... FANTASTIC... Well done Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy: Hi Greg, thanks and glad that there is many things you like about it to relook over and over again. Reposting and seeing it on screen as opposed to having it live before me is quite rewarding and thats why we sit ourselves down for hours on end just building. Friends now understand why I do such a hobby after looking at the results. I bet you get it too.

Cheers,
Richard

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
I took the liberty to "re-work" one of your pictures.... hope it's ok with and you like itpict0013-1.jpg

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Yes it does doesn't it Steve. I like it Greg...thanks... especially the second picture with the white fade off looking like a real B/W photo.

Cheers,
Richard

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
That's a fantastic dio!
I went to Normandy at the beginning of the month, drove over Pegasus Bridge (the new one!), obviously visited the Gondree Cafe, the museum as well as countless other locations in the area.

20180603_120316.jpg20180603_120500.jpg20180603_120428.jpg20180603_120536.jpg

Lee :smiling4:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Richard.
I've only just found this, ........ sorry .
Superb , I can see where you got your love of steel sections from :smiling2: remembering the catapult launch platform.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
John .