An Ugly Friendly Walrus

L

Laurie

So it was a filler. Son and fiance gave me a plate with the Belfast and Walrus on it. It was the Walrus that hit.

First British aircraft full retractable under carriage enclose crew (except gunners) and all metal fuselage.

Known as the "Shagbat" or sometimes "Steam-pigeon" Love them.

So here is my 1/72 Walrus and I fully enjoyed building it a joy to build.

should have coated the hanging wires with a matt finish, tut.View attachment 97544

View attachment 97545

View attachment 97548

View attachment 97550

View attachment 97551

View attachment 97553

View attachment 97554

View attachment 97546

View attachment 97547

View attachment 97549

View attachment 97552

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

P1190046.jpg

C

chris2681

Love how you use backgrounds with you photos. Good work Laurie:smiling3: You make me want to start building aircraft.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Beautiful build Laurie, lovely workmanship, a great gong from me.

Si:smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
What a great result love it Laurie to think it's 1/72 scale!

You deserve this gong fro that alone!!

L

Laurie

\ said:
What a great result love it Laurie to think it's 1/72 scale!You deserve this gong fro that alone!!
Oh Ian I have put this in the wrong bit. Can you divert it to aircraft completed. Thanks in advance. I knew mods would come in useful :eek:

Laurie

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a great build Laurie, but I find it hard to agree with you that the Walrus was in any way beautiful!

L

Laurie

\ said:
That's a great build Laurie, but I find it hard to agree with you that the Walrus was in any way beautiful!
Dave beautiful aircraft. Build one it really is a lovely aircraft.. Look at the hull (fuselage) such nice lines. Before I put the top wing on you could actually see that the pedigree was a Mitchell and Spitfire.

Very nice cockpit as well. And as for the tail plane that would stand on any modern aircraft today. What more can I say it is beautiful :D :D :D

Very nice aircraft to build as well. Bit of a twist in the hull (fuselage) but not serious. All went together well. Revell or Matchbox not sure.

Thanks people for all your comments. Very nice of you life blood of a model maker.

Laurie

D

dubster72

A really nice aircraft & brilliantly built & finished Laurie!

Not sure that I'd call her beautiful, although to the pilots they rescued, I doubt there were more lovely sights ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Beautiful build Laurie,like the camo on it and also how you have displayed them,a background make a world of diffidence,very well done :D

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm with Laurie. Although not the real beauty, I find it pleasing to the eye.

Ian M

First Name
Jason
That is an excellent job Laurie. I think you have got the paint and weathering spot on. And that rigging!!!!! I tip my hat to you sir.

Jason

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great 'Shagbat' Laurie. A real credit to you, and well displayed too..........

C

Caledonia

Excellent build Laurie, finished off nicely with the background. if you can do that rigging at 1/72 you can certainly tackle a Ship. Cheers Derek