And now for something completely different

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Won't be pranged over neutral country right?

Cheers,
Richard

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hope youve got plenty of fuel max , doesnt look like theres many places to touch down in an emergency!!!
Won't be pranged over neutral country right?
the swiss actively defended their airspace richard and intercepted and commandeered allied and axis aircraft . Their BF 109s were very colourfully painted , i always fancied doing one in a larger scale , cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Max, have you stumbled across 'Warthunder' yet ? If you like flying aircraft, have a look at that.

M

MarshMan

Love all the comments guys! These days I almost exclusively use my iPad for everything, so I’m restricted to what’s available for that, although restricted is not really the right word. There are some surprisingly good apps available. I use X-plane 10, Infinite Flight and Aerofly FS2. The last one of these is where the above screenshot came from. X-plane 10 is the best from an aircraft control point of view, with all instruments working and most of them adjustable, but let down by generic scenery. As I’m a leisure flyer who loves the view out of the window I find I’m flying a lot more with my newly found friend Aerofly. I purchased the Swiss scenery last week, and absolutely love it! All instruments work but are not adjustable; trim is also automatic, but for relaxing pleasure I think it’s hard to beat. You’ve probably gathered that my pleasure comes from controllability and view, I’m not personally into action stuff these days. I get a kick out of the perfect landing, and stuff like that. I started out with Flight Simulator on the dreaded Windows many years ago, and used it right through to it’s final incarnation. I spent a fortune on add on scenery etc., and it did have a lot going for it, but it had one hell of a lot of set up problems with it. I’ve still got it on my laptop, but can’t remember the last time I used it.
Max