Andrew's 2x 1/72 S-Model Jagdpanthers - completed

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good evening all

And so a tad later than planned thanks to a difficult start to the year especially work wise, these are now finished

As you will have seen from the original build thread here, these are 1/72 S-Model Quick-build wargaming kits, with one piece wheel and track assemblies.

These are nominal marked up as being from Schwere Panzerjäger Abteilung 654 (654th Heavy Tank-hunter Battalion). This started life at the beginning of the war as a towed AT formation, before converting to Ferdinands in 1943 and eventually serving on the Eastern front. In the spring of 1944 they moved to France and converted to Jagdpanthers.

They were the only unit operating JPs in Normandy and their first taste of combat was pretty notable because, when supporting the 326th Infantry Division attempts to stop the British Operation Bluecoat, they came across elements of the 3rd Tank Battalion (Scots Guards), 6th Guards Tank Brigade resting in a field on Mount Pincon.

Apparently a reasonable number of the British crews were actually outside their Churchills when the Germans opened fire and so within a matter of minutes only three Jagdpanthers had destroyed eleven Churchills! The British were eventually able to knock out/disable two of the JPs.

I have actually marked these up as Schwere Panzerjäger Abteilung 654 because Junior's Churchills happen to marked up as 6th Guards Tank Brigade - albeit technically the S-Model Jagdpanthers are slightly later G2s than those in service at the the time of the action......primarily something to do with the fan arrangement on the rear deck and the exhaust types.

I am, if I am honest, quite pleased with these - aside from the pigment colour on one - and IMHO opinion are the best finishes I have achieved of 1/72 scale armour since coming back to the hobby.

ACW welcome as usual and thanks for your support with the build process.

ATB

Andrew

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the usual calibration shot just to prove they are 1/72!
:D

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
They look really good, only let down by the tracks that S-Model insists on moulding in a single piece. If not for that, you could easily mistake them for larger scale, the way you’ve painted them.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent stuff andrew ,they look fantastic , cheers tony

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Look great, but I would suggest trimming down the antennae as they are way too tall and would be problematic for gaming.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
They look superb Andrew and so small!!

Loved your research, brings the vehicles to life

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Those are excellent. Given the scale and the simplified kits your skills have raised them to another level.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
They look really good, only let down by the tracks that S-Model insists on moulding in a single piece. If not for that, you could easily mistake them for larger scale, the way you’ve painted them.

Excellent stuff andrew ,they look fantastic , cheers tony
Look great, but I would suggest trimming down the antennae as they are way too tall and would be problematic for gaming.
They look superb Andrew and so small!!

Loved your research, brings the vehicles to life
Those are excellent. Given the scale and the simplified kits your skills have raised them to another level.
Wow! Excellent work there! love them

Thanks very much indeed chaps. Glad you like them.

Paul - thanks for the reminder....it's something I always forget about.

ATB

Yours

Andrew