Andys model railway, from the VERY start

A

andyrobs

Well, here's a small update on this long term project, (made even more long term probably due to recent redundancy!!!!),

the sheds been back up in the garden for a while....

.View attachment 91148

...needs repainting, something nice and bright!!!!

I picked this up from my mother in law for a tenner, she's downsizing and getting rid of stuff so I thought I'd have it. Its about 37 years old but only required a small amount of lubricating to get the loco running!!!!

View attachment 91149

To help with the planning stage, I've been thru old magazines and found images of stuff I want to incorporate into my layout. I'm not planning on copying them, just using them as ideas. If any of you guys have suggestions for anything else you'd like to see let us all know, if they're good maybe I can use them as well

View attachment 91150

Cheers, Andrew

P1010208.JPG

P1010210.JPG

P1010211.JPG

First Name
Dave
Have you used any of the free track plan programs online i found them really usefull and easy to use.

Dave

A

andyrobs

\ said:
Have you used any of the free track plan programs online i found them really usefull and easy to use.Dave
Not yet, not really at that stage yet, I kinda like the more fluid play it by ear and watch it evolve plan as well!!!

Cheers, Andrew

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Is there a buffet car? If so, then something that looks like coffee and a curled sandwich please. I can then sit back and watch the scenery glide by. In for this build Andy.

Si:smiling3:

A

andyrobs

\ said:
Is there a buffet car? If so, then something that looks like coffee and a curled sandwich please. I can then sit back and watch the scenery glide by. In for this build Andy.Si:smiling3:
Oh yes, gonna be a LOOOOONNGGGGG journey tho!!!!

Cheers, Andrew

A

andyrobs

Your more than welcome Ian :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers, Andrew

D

Deleted member 3568

Hope the redundancys not problem mate can't wait to see progress.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice one Andrew. I've got a similar vintage Hornby train somehwere in similar packaging. Will dig it out one day.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thats a nice hale,and will be of great help, ;)

G

GruntZone360

I have more trains and karts or whatever you want to call them than you do at least. :D

EDIT: Most of them are from Japan. No, really they were brought there. My Grandpa had served in the Korean war, but he was transferred to Japan because of family matters that I can't say, but he had gotten a lot of cool things from there. (Including metal put together yourself train sets.)

P

Polux

This is the "essence" of the train layout...step by step, calmy and some nice surprise on the way ;)

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Duuuude!! The build is on........................ :smiling3:

I'll be watching!