Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Happy days.
Nice one Peter.

I think that the flight model 'had issues'. It looked very unstable when it finally took off. Looked like the whole tail-plane was the control surface. Might have been better with just normal elevators...
Anything will fly if it has enough thrust and lift. Look at the Starfighter. A rocket with wings.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Looks good Peter...make me wanna build mine. I presume yours is with the decals by Cartograph?

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice looking "Birds" Peter...........not seen one of these before. :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looks good Peter...make me wanna build mine. I presume yours is with the decals by Cartograph?

Cheers,
Richard
YES DO SO Richard it would be nice to see another of these blast from the past on here
Nice looking "Birds" Peter...........not seen one of these before. :thumb2:
AN Rick you not seen CAPTIAN SCARLETT boy you have missed some great tv programmes all Gerry Anderson programes were great
chrisb

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Happy days.
Nice one Peter.

I think that the flight model 'had issues'. It looked very unstable when it finally took off. Looked like the whole tail-plane was the control surface. Might have been better with just normal elevators...
Anything will fly if it has enough thrust and lift. Look at the Starfighter. A rocket with wings.
'Issues' is putting it mildly! i agree that putting all the flight control surfaces on the tail may have been a mistake, but as you say; exert enough force and anything will fly, although not necessarily controlled flight.

Peter