Another Lancaster, this time the second Prototype

I

ian lanc

Well guys, glad to see the back of this kit and anyone going to build the Airfix 1st tooling ........good luck :smiling5:

The decals where all sourced from my spares box and the Prototype ''P'' came from 'Fantasy Print Shop' in the UK, it has a few faults here and there but i was really meant to build it as it was from the kit parts but some where just a joke and used some parts from 2nd tooling Airfix Lanc' bits.

Laugh if you dare:oops: :smiling5::smiling5::smiling5::smiling5: i reckon it turned out not too bad.

Thanks for looking.

ian.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Ian , that looks great. I built that kit (I think) ooh err a long time ago, it looks like you licked it into shape!

Steve

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Another super fine Lanc Ian. Love the prototype, a little more colourful than the norm.

Take care, John

T

tigertc

Hats off to you sir! I just don't have the patience for Airfix....escpecially not a first tooling!....Well done.

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Ian,

I think you have certainly done that one justice - looks great in your pics.

I still have an untouched boxed Airfix Lanc that I was given as a pressie in 1978 - not sure which tooling that was - I will get around to building it one day !!

Regards........Mark

B

Bunnybites

great Lanc, I have one of those in my stash but i dont think it will look as good as that. Top job

First Name
Dave
Nice to see something different from the usual night bomber paint scheme.

R

RWC

Hello. I know what you mean about old kits. I saw the Revell 1/32 Bf 109K4 (00012) for £9.99 so I thought I would give it a go. I have just finished Dragons Bf 109E3 Wing Tech kit so was in need of a little light relief. The thought that someone might pay the RRP of £20 for this kit frightens me. It is a true kit of its time and really should be laid to rest. It is a false economy to buy old kits. I am £9.99 lighter but wiser now.

Robert

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
It is a false economy to buy old kits. I am £9.99 lighter but wiser now.Robert
Hi Robert,believe me I don't disagree with your opinion of that kit! I would say that because these old kits are so cheap they may be used as test projects. They certainly challenge your modelling skills and,with a bit of hard work can be made into decent models. I've built a few kits like this over the years and I've found turning the air blue,whilst not actually helping the construction process,will make you feel a lot better! If it all goes horribly wrong it will have cost less than a round of drinks,not something you can say about a newer large scale kit.

I recently built a Hasegawa kit that was superb. I thoroughly enjoyed building it,not a seam to fill or step to deal with but I can't say it taught me anything. My previous build was a Zoukei-Mura kit which really had me thinking. Challenging but satisfying. After customs,handling etc it had cost a fortune so the quick flight to the bin was never an option :smiling5:

Cheers

Steve

L

lemoff

Nice. Certainly very colourful. I hope mine looks half as good when i finally get round to it.