Another nearing completion

B

backonthecase

Another that's been waiting some time for final bits n pieces, Tamiya's 1/35 Deuce and a Half: -

The only things missing are - Steering wheel, jerry cans, supports for the canvas (no canvas going on though) and the driver's head, but I have actually lost that... although it might be something to do with what's in that extra fuel drum... :D

As usual, comments & crit welcome

Stuart

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice truck stuart, lovely finish. The weathering and mud is just perfect, did you use pigments ? cheers tony

F

Fenlander

The colour, weathering and finish look superb Stuart. It has that 'real' look about it and I cannot say fairer than that. I have to pull out the stops to get anywhere near this with armour/military vehicles......

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a good 'un Stuart!

One minor point. You wouldn't see that oil drum at the back lying on it's side. It'd be rolling all over the place when the truck was moving and would eventually break through the sides. Even if empty it would cause some damage. You could tie it down with rope or stand it on end though.

Gern

B

bikerbart

Love this model....as Graham has stated it has that "real" look and that in my opinion is always a good guide to a class finish which this is...congratulations, the build, paint finish and in particular the weathering is superb :smiling:

B

backonthecase

Thanks everyone, I really am motivated by you guys' feedback! Glad you like it!

Tony, yep the dust on the tarp and muddy deposits were mig pigments made into a sloppy gruel with white spirit, some were thrown on with a toothbrush, some with a paintbrush and then wiped / brushed off where not wanted.

Graham, the weathering was a major thing for me on this, as it was all one colour. I was not sure exactly of the details, but I had the overall plan in mind and I wanted it to look dirty and dusty but from a while ago, not like it was just driven through a quagmire, so I hope I conveyed that! I'm glad it came across like you mentioned, that's a good thing to know, this is the 1st vehicle I've tried to "properly" weather.

Gern/Dave, good point, I was just trying to show off the moonshine XXXX on the side hehehe! I'll attach a couple of ropes and thread them through the slats in the side!

Martin, thank you! I have a Yamaha R-1 in the stash that's probably more your thing! I don't think this style of weathering will be appropriate though eh? haha

Thanks again guys, I hope I find that poor sod's head soon!!

Stuart

R

rogue-one

hi there, thats a great piece of work. it look so real. are you sure you don't have some kind of shrinking device and you've actually visited a military vehicle museum and shrunk a real one? lol. but seriously, the paint work with weathering and dirt is perfect. a couple of bullet holes would look nice?!

B

backonthecase

Rogue, SHHHHHHHH you'll get everyone in on my secret..... !!

I did think about bullet holes, but the plastic is a wee bit too thick and I wouldn't want to start cutting & replacing bits n pieces after construction, so that's in the book for next time.

Thanks for your comments

Stuart

B

bikerbart

You know what Stuart, the more i look at this model the more i love it. I can honestly say its one of my absolute favriotes. Whilst i love tanks and other armour, i really like the utility/auxillary type military vehicles. Also its very easy to "over do" weathering, but this is perfect in my opinion. The model really does speak for itself. Are you going to be using it in a dio, if so how and with what if you dont mind me asking, or are you just going to put it on a base on its own?

Oh and by the way....get that Yamaha R1 outta the stash and get cracking on with it lol. Regards Martin :smiling:

B

backonthecase

wow i'm very happy it's had this impression on you martin, I do like different types of model but I don't have a "type" that I stick to!!

I had thought about a simple convoy dio, maybe with an M3 armoured car I also have, but I have not planned any of it out as yet. I'll get back to you on that!

PS the R1 may be making its way up the pile... I'm in the mood for something different - just gota get that Hellcat off the bench... ;)

Stuart

B

bikerbart

\ said:
wow i'm very happy it's had this impression on you martin, I do like different types of model but I don't have a "type" that I stick to!! I had thought about a simple convoy dio, maybe with an M3 armoured car I also have, but I have not planned any of it out as yet. I'll get back to you on that!

PS the R1 may be making its way up the pile... I'm in the mood for something different - just gota get that Hellcat off the bench... ;)

Stuart
M3 would make a nice adiition, again like ya say a simple addition is oftem more appealing than over complicating things.

Glad the R1 is making its way up lol :smiling:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That Stuart is the bogs dollocks! I drove my 4X4 through a field the other day and you truck looks more life like than my car!!!

Congratulations on a well accomplished build and paint. I really got to try getting the hang of this weathering stuff.

Looks great, would look great in a small convoy, or just alone bumbling down a dusty track.

Ian M

B

backonthecase

Yeah Martin I'm hearing that - Armoured car, road, couple of trees and a ditch... hmmm!

Ian thanks for the comments - I can give you some tips on dirtying up your 4x4 - you didn't see the thunderstorm that hit Perth on Sunday evening!! :o )

Stuart