ANOTHER SUNKEN U-BOAT.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
thank you,Si,for the size,think that would be a bit small for the sizing that I,would need,:rolling:

Yep, 28mm figures are way too big for this, unless you adapted the sub to make it look more like a midget type.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Si, you spoil sport. I was hoping to have a bit of fun with this part-fictitious nonsense (Apart from where she was lost, which is correct)....:loudly-crying:

Monica - For your scale, you might probably be better off thinking about the Revell 1/72 scale U. Boat.

Ron

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Si, you spoil sport. I was hoping to have a bit of fun with this part-fictitious nonsense (Apart from where she was lost, which is correct)....:loudly-crying:

Monica - For your scale, you might probably be better off thinking about the Revell 1/72 scale U. Boat.

Ron

I maybe old and decrepit but in this case I remembered you making this...HA!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Yep, 28mm figures are way too big for this, unless you adapted the sub to make it look more like a midget type.
it was just an idea,that it may of been sizeable for what ,I had in mind,:smiling2:

hi,Ron,mostly after the middle part where the conning tower is,so only a quieter,section,of it ,not the whole das boat :hungry:
maybe some one has one,who,mite see and can help out with sizes,:rolling:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
it was just an idea,that it may of been sizeable for what ,I had in mind,:smiling2:

hi,Ron,mostly after the middle part where the conning tower is,so only a quieter,section,of it ,not the whole das boat :hungry:
maybe some one has one,who,mite see and can help out with sizes,:rolling:

I think I have the two halves of the 1/72, messed about with and painted, no deck and no conning tower, if I can find it you are welcome to it for just postage.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh wow thats great ,Si,even of the plans,you can get the size,to scratch build,that part,as at the
highest point would be around 70/80mm high,x2,plus a bit,:smiling:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
oh wow thats great ,Si,even of the plans,you can get the size,to scratch build,that part,as at the
highest point would be around 70/80mm high,x2,plus a bit,:smiling:

I'll have a look in the workshed and see if I still have it for you.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thank you,so much Si,no real rush :smiling:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Moni' I don't know if I can be of some help too, but I have the Revell 1/72 U. Boat VIIC / 41 'Atlantic Version' This had an extension to the rear conning tower to accommodate two extra A.A. weapons. You could still build the middle section without this 'add-on'.

I do intend starting the build shortly, but if I can help along with Si, with photos and sizes, I would be only too happy to do so.......

Cheers.
Ron

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi,Ron that would be great,as that,s the type i did have in mind,As I,have been trying to work out size,s from pic,s,
which we know can be a bit tricky,at times.so that's great,
I don,t have room for such a big model,but that I,can do, :thumb2::smiling:
as i do like the look of this class of u-boat,

Attachments

• Photo12GerU203MQ.jpg
    Photo12GerU203MQ.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 4

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hi Monica, That picture is a VIIC. The kit I have has an extension to the rear of the conning tower for the A.A guns.

Rather than clog up our friend Si's thread, I'll send you the pictures etc. via a P.M. very soon.....:thumb2:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
cheers,Ron,greatly apprenticed ,chat in message,:smiling::thumb2:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Not sure what you have planned Moni, but the overall dimensions of a Revell 1/72 type viic are: 94.9 x 26.4 x 13.9 cm. Or: just over 37 x 10.4 x 5.5 inches, if that helps.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Not sure what you have planned Moni, but the overall dimensions of a Revell 1/72 type viic are: 94.9 x 26.4 x 13.9 cm. Or: just over 37 x 10.4 x 5.5 inches, if that helps.
thank you for the size,s Si,she is a monster at that size,thats why I,m only doing the mid section,of one with crew,

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
THE Rust Master is back :smiling3: Awesome job Si, I love it

:smiling5: Ta Joe, this is rather less rusty than I normally do, this was a test in more colour hues...maybe I am slipping and wanted to do good models instead of knackered :surprised: