Another tamiya yamaha yzr 500 from 1998

P

Paulalison

this is my next build,as you can tell,i like my yamaha gp bikes,its another kit from tamiya of the late Norick Abe's yamaha yzr 500 from 1999,but i will convert it to Abe's ride of 1998 tamiya 001.JPG mcldc-439_2_1485107717.jpg abe 1998.jpg

P

Paulalison

dont know if the gp bikes are very popular,i get very little feedback,any way,i try and spray everything ,even the small parts,as you get a much better finish,any questions or comments are welcome

D

Deleted member 3568

I love bike (ridden them all my life )(last one triumph trophy 900) I loved that bike but swmbo says no more.looking great so far, keep it up

P

Paulalison

Cant understand why i get absolutely no feedback or comments,im not expecting lots but im not getting any????? good or bad

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 3568

People have busy lives Paul keep at it it's looking good.

P

Paulalison

cheers Ian,nice to have a couple of comments,i wont mind negative or constructive comments either

D

Deleted member 3568

And keep posting I'm interested.
You should try the other way round when I first started posting I got loads of feedback (I'm on loads of forums) now I get a few (usually only the loyal few) feedback Ian the one who just posted here is one of them. Don't go by who replys as to whether people are interested (one of the drawbacks of this site is it dosent show them) but go but the number of views ( one of the forums I'm on on my traction avant build (the first one anyway) I had 40 comments (sounds like a lot but this was over 4 months) but when I looked at the views it was 27,000 yes that's right I was at the time saying on that forum about the lack of comments and was pointed to the views. On here I had loads of comments so knew there was interest in it but on the other forum it seemed like there was little interest. The point I'm trying to make is though you can't see the number of views on here that dosent mean no one is interested this is without doubt the friendliest forum on the web but there have been a few improvements as John has changed his servers and unfortunately some things have gone or have been moved where I can't find them, for instance there was an area for new members to introduce themselves (can't find that now) keep at it mate the more you post the more you will get noticed.

P

Paulalison

thanks again Ken,im not looking for gushing comments,as i said,some would be nice,but its not the be and end all,i also post on a farm model forum,but i have been on there for years

D

Deleted member 3568

Not that I've ever built a farm model but what forum is that, you should checkout some od Eddie solos builds (his name is actually Simon (go figure) he is the master of all things rusty.

P

Paulalison

its the farm toy forum Ken,there are scratch builds on there but its mainly buying the model and displaying them,models are basic right up to highly detailed ones,i tend to weather them and basic models improve them with numberplates,adding drivers etc,all in 1/32 scale

D

Deleted member 3568

What made you decide to build a bike kit, are you into bikes or was it just a kit that interested you. I started off scratch building ship models which took between 18mnths to 3 yrs to build then someone bought me a plastic kit which took less than a month and I've been hooked on them since.

P

Paulalison

allway loved my bikes Ken,especially yamaha's i have had the good old FS1E to my last bike which was an R6

D

Deleted member 3568

Oh i loved the fried sausage and 1 egg inovative in its time a mate of of mine had the yam 1100s midnight special and let me have a go, I felt like king of the road (could never afford one myself, I built tamiyas 1/6 th when it was being produced that was as close as I got) i would love to build it now that my modeling skills are better but the cheapest ive seen it is 350 quid on ebay and my missus would never allow me yo buy it at that price (although she surprised me with the pocher 1/4 ducati with the upgrade kit for my birthday)(can't start it till my birthday though on the 26th) do you remember the malaguti 50s the first 50cc moped to do 70 mph, it may have had a higher top speed but I could out accelerate it with my fs1e.

P

Paulalison

Oh i loved the fried sausage and 1 egg inovative in its time a mate of of mine had the yam 1100s midnight special and let me have a go, I felt like king of the road (could never afford one myself, I built tamiyas 1/6 th when it was being produced that was as close as I got) i would love to build it now that my modeling skills are better but the cheapest ive seen it is 350 quid on ebay and my missus would never allow me yo buy it at that price (although she surprised me with the pocher 1/4 ducati with the upgrade kit for my birthday)(can't start it till my birthday though on the 26th) do you remember the malaguti 50s the first 50cc moped to do 70 mph, it may have had a higher top speed but I could out accelerate it with my fs1e.
cant say i remember the Malaguti,but i loved my FS1E