Any one built this model ship?

peterairfix

Modeling Mad for it
First Name
peter
I have built it and it's not a bad kit but if it were me I would go with the academy titanic the quality is that bit better.

Steve O

SMF Poster
First Name
Steve
Hi Steve there's a chance you may see one at the show on Sunday either built or as a kit.

Steve.

Stevekir

Returning Beginner
First Name
Steve
There are so many stands at the show, can anyone suggest names of some sellers likely to sell the Academy Titanic kit?

Thanks.

Stevekir

Returning Beginner
First Name
Steve
Well, not finding the Academy 1:400 Titanic at the show, I have bought it. It arrived today Tuesday (24 hours after ordering via ordinary post!). It is the most complex kit I could have ever imagined. It is very highly detailed and has about 20 to 30 times the number of parts of my biggest kit so far. Its overall length is two feet. As a perfectionist slow worker, will I finish it by Christmas? Hopefully. I will start a thread in Ships Under Construction once I've made some progress.

Stevekir

Returning Beginner
First Name
Steve
I found this if it helps in finding the colours
Thanks. Really helpful.

One thing: the original Titanic and also kits (including the one that I will be making) has lots of lines (ropes) to secure the funnels and other parts. The manual mentions using pulled out softened sprue for these, but on the same page uses the word "Thread". I assume that Sprue and Thread refer to the same rigging material and that "Thread" doesn't refer to, for example, sewing thread.

Is that correct please?

peterairfix

Modeling Mad for it
First Name
peter
Thanks. Really helpful.

One thing: the original Titanic and also kits (including the one that I will be making) has lots of lines (ropes) to secure the funnels and other parts. The manual mentions using pulled out softened sprue for these, but on the same page uses the word "Thread". I assume that Sprue and Thread refer to the same rigging material and that "Thread" doesn't refer to, for example, sewing thread.

Is that correct please?
I have always used grey coloured sewing thread on mine as I don't think pulled out sure would give flexibility needed.
This my academy 1\400 titanic with the sewing thread as the rigging. P1040180.JPG