Any takers for a Phantom SIG?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just to keep a bit of interest in the SIG threads...

What say you to a SIG for the Phantastic Phantom. The Flying Rino.

There are a huge choice of kits, tons of aftermarket, and thousands of schemes to choice from. Enough in fact that each member of the forum could build three each and they could all be different!!!

So can we get ten on this one and roll it out to the run way...?

Ian M

B

Boldman

Depending on timing I might be up for this - got a Hurricane to finish first however...

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I was thinking maybe a start date 1/4/13 and six months to complete. That would give a couple of months to find the kit and all the bits you want for it.

If this is to far off or too long a time, we can rein that in a bit if you like.

Whats the feelings on scale and detail. Any scale and as much detail as you can throw at it. (or want to)?

One thing I think would be fun: in the opening thread of your build, include at least one photo of the real airframe you want to build as a kit......Would that be to much of a challenge.

Ian M

First Name
Michael
Sounds perfect for me, I could go a bit tighter on the time scale but would be cool withit as you suggest, M

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Iv'e got a 1/48 scale but i best start looking on the web for pictures of the one i want to build and any time you say will do me fine

D

Danny

Sounds good to me Ian.. Will give me a break from prime wedding season and help keep my sanity.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So far we have:

My self.

Danny

Papa695

MichealM

Mobear

Boldman

Moriarty1177

Here are a few decal choices... Hannants - Plastic model kits and accessories

Can these tempt a couple more...?

Ian M

1275GT

I'll take a piece of this please. Though it will mean attempting to get another box past SWMBO...........I'll have a chat wit the postie ;)

First Name
Dave
Time I did another Phantom.So I'm in too.Fancy doing the Revell 1/48 F4C if I can find one.

D

Danny

Might be something to watch, but I was in my local shop today having a look for a 1:48 Phantom... Mentioned to the owner. He showed me two ordered in for a customer, Revell, both were without the canopy sprue....Be next week before they are in..

Danny

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
My self.

Danny

Papa695

MichealM

Mobear

Boldman

Moriarty1177

1275GT

Jim Scott

Dave W.

Woo hoo! Thats ten, so we got a start. Anyone else? the more the merrier.

I will Start a build section, so you can open a thread and have time to sort out what you are going. So you can start the thread, but remember NO BUILDING until the start date!!

Ian M

First Name
Dave
\ said:
My self.Danny

Papa695

MichealM

Mobear

Boldman

Moriarty1177

1275GT

Jim Scott

Dave W.

Woo hoo! Thats ten, so we got a start. Anyone else? the more the merrier.

I will Start a build section, so you can open a thread and have time to sort out what you are going. So you can start the thread, but remember NO BUILDING until the start date!!

Ian M
I won't be building yet as I've 2 Spits to finish first.Then I need to buy a Phantom!.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Plenty of time Dave. Just start the thread when you can to "book a place" so to speak.

Ian M