Any takers for a Phantom SIG?

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Might be something to watch, but I was in my local shop today having a look for a 1:48 Phantom... Mentioned to the owner. He showed me two ordered in for a customer, Revell, both were without the canopy sprue....Be next week before they are in..Danny
If they are the Revell F4C/D kits,They are actually the old Monogram kit.Its got a good review on Modellingmadness.com though,and is the one I'm after.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cor, Ian give us a break lol It's a bit early for another build isn't it?.....Unless I've misinterpreted the rules, the SIGs are for 6 months each and Polux's doesn't end until the end of June, so shouldn't his finish before the next starts? Otherwise his SIG might get pushed to the background and interest in it lost.

No critisizm, just an observation....

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I see no reason why there can not be more than one running at the same time. As we had last year, by the way.

We have a lot of members, and a lot of subjects. We have members that only do armour, others that only do aircraft. I doubt that there will be serious conflicting interests.

Also as you point out, there is six months, so All will have loads of time to join in if they wish.

The only change in the SIG "rules" are that anyone can suggest an SIG at any time, there just has to be a minimum of ten participants or it will not get a forum set up for it. The subject has to be more specific.

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Oops, sorry, it was just a passing thought really, that's all..............

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi chaps.

I have just moved a load of posts, with chat for the Phantom SIG build to the welcome post in that section. Please can we try to get all the posts in the right thread, if only to keep things together....

Thank you,

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Count me in please Ian, I have now sorted myself out and I think I am now in the right place.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good man!

Feel free to open your thread as soon as you like, but no building until the start date. Its about the only rule there is for this one.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So prompted by Ian (papa) I will ask a simple question.

What's the general feeling to starting this now?

For those that had counted having a while yet, to get things sorted, and clear other projects off the table, the end date will still be the same.

Ian M

First Name
Dave
I'm not ready yet but start when you like.Never takes me more than a couple of months to finish a build anyway.The Anson took 10 weeks,but I don't anticipate this one being as problematic.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I'm not ready yet but start when you like.Never takes me more than a couple of months to finish a build anyway.The Anson took 10 weeks,but I don't anticipate this one being as problematic.
Sorry I'm going to have to put my SIG moderator hat on now and say that, that is me that has the last word on that point!

The idea behind having a set start and end date, is that we are "building together" as a group within a given time frame.

Other wise there is not a lot of point in calling it a Group Build.

Ian M

First Name
Dave
Don't get where your coming from Ian?.You asked what the general consensus was on starting the SIG now.And all I said was I don't mind if you want to start now,but I'm not ready yet....

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
maybe I came on a bit hard, but what I read was "start when you like"

On reflection the implied was that you have no objection if the start is moved forward. I apologise for grabbing the wrong end of the stick.

Ian M

1275GT

Nope, I haven't got a problem with starting now........obviously ;)

First Name
Dave
\ said:
maybe I came on a bit hard, but what I read was "start when you like"On reflection the implied was that you have no objection if the start is moved forward. I apologise for grabbing the wrong end of the stick.

Ian M
No problem Ian.Just been to Bluewater Modelzone.No Revell Phantoms of course.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sorry Ian for putting the cat among the pigeons but my build is now on hold untill you let us know when the start date is once again sorry