Apache Helicopter

D

dead-mans-click

Callsign UGLY but the most beautiful aircraft, what I'd do to have a fly in one of those things. Nice photos

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great pics. This must be a Dutch one, it is missing the mast mounted radar.

T

tecdes

Some nice pictures. What camera are you using Harry ?

Are they all hand held ?

Laurie

H

Harry Labanville

Its a Stoneage Panasonic Lumix getting on for 10 years now.

It does everything except carry itself ,So I have to have a hand bag or man bag.

T

tecdes

I would not sell it or change it Harry those are good quality pictures.

Laurie

H

Harry Labanville

It

\ said:
I would not sell it or change it Harry those are good quality pictures.Laurie
it cost me about £500 then i have taken 1000s of photos and many videos. I have been very happy with it although i still dont know how to operate 50 percent of its features.

P

PirateOneOne

The most beautiful helo ever, beautiful in design, not looks!

P

PirateOneOne

\ said:
Great pics. This must be a Dutch one, it is missing the mast mounted radar.
Joe, this could be a US AH64, as it was originally unable to have both a full weapons complement and the Longbow radar system? This has been altered I believe in recent iterations. The British WAH.MK1 has the Longbow as standard.

Please correct me by all means if I am wrong.

Steve

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
Joe, this could be a US AH64, as it was originally unable to have both a full weapons complement and the Longbow radar system? This has been altered I believe in recent iterations. The British WAH.MK1 has the Longbow as standard.Please correct me by all means if I am wrong.

Steve
It has Royal Netherlands Air Force written on the forward cockpit and on the boom in that colourful version. But you are also correct as the AH64A and versions of the D had the mast mounted radar removed in US service.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

noble

UGLY UGLY UGLY, impressive fire power though, give me an A10 thunderbolt any day.

scott

P

PirateOneOne

\ said:
It has Royal Netherlands Air Force written on the forward cockpit and on the boom in that colourful version. But you are also correct as the AH64A and versions of the D had the mast mounted radar removed in US service.
Ah! Missed that! Silly of me! Looking closer I can see the NLAF stencilling!