Armor affects on halftrack

First Name
Wouter
Well, doing burnt out or demolished vehicle can be fun and isn't that hard really. Try to look at real life photographs and just try it out. Don't be afraid I'd say. Impact marks I tend to do by heating a drill bit and push it into the plastic, repeat if necessary. And spare etch and plasticard pieces for the inside can simulate a wrecked interior for instance.

Small example of a burnt out T-62 I did a couple of years
T-62 (95).jpg
I was quite afraid at first but I just went on as I tried, if I failed I failed, luckily it was alright. Most importantly: have fun trying to ^^

Cheers

J

jdt52

Okay you guys have all given very useful information. Mind you I'm relatively new at modeling and any effects on the vehicles. Regarding the holes of where any type of round hit the vehicle, how would I do that. Drill? Heated pin? I have no knowledge of how to do it
-Thankyou, Joe

J

jdt52

Well, doing burnt out or demolished vehicle can be fun and isn't that hard really. Try to look at real life photographs and just try it out. Don't be afraid I'd say. Impact marks I tend to do by heating a drill bit and push it into the plastic, repeat if necessary. And spare etch and plasticard pieces for the inside can simulate a wrecked interior for instance.

Small example of a burnt out T-62 I did a couple of years
View attachment 299041
I was quite afraid at first but I just went on as I tried, if I failed I failed, luckily it was alright. Most importantly: have fun trying to ^^

Cheers
what you said is exactly what I was wondering regarding how to make the holes and such. Thankyou
-Joe

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Regarding the holes of where any type of round hit the vehicle, how would I do that. Drill? Heated pin? I have no knowledge of how to do it
I’d probably drill a hole with small drill, then make the edges a bit more ragged with the tip of a knife. Pushing a heated pin through plastic tends to pull melted plastic with it, requiring at least as much cleaning up if the model isn’t to look like it’s plastic that a heated pin was pushed through :smiling3: