Armour experts wanted

First Name
barry
Hi guys I am not in to paper panthers but could not resist the maus kit, but as I do not want a great lump sat on a base I wanted a bit of action and saw this image .now I was thinking of having the maus
Climbing over a su 122 s p gun, BUT cant imagine what damage a 188 ton tank would do to a 34 ton tank ,any ideas.
Thanks

Attachments

• wallpaper-world-tanks-pictures-sites-images.jpg
    wallpaper-world-tanks-pictures-sites-images.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 35

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
its not an SU.....its an early T34

and probably it would make a bit of a mess lol

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It’s a very difficult question to answer, as I doubt there’s much comparative material you could use to decide on the amount of damage the SU-122 would sustain in that scenario. How do you envisage the Maus driving over the it? One track over the engine deck and the other over the gun? That would certainly force down the gun barrel, and might lead to the Maus bellying on the superstructure roof (you can try it with the models to see if it would, I suppose). Cracked welds all around are also quite likely, so the SU-122 might just literally come apart at the seams. But then there’s also the question of what happens to its armour plates: are they hard enough that they shatter, or do they bend and buckle under the weight?

First Name
barry
its not an SU.....its an early T34

and probably it would make a bit of a mess lol
Thanks I dont have a T 34 kit i have a SU 122:hugging-face:

It’s a very difficult question to answer, as I doubt there’s much comparative material you could use to decide on the amount of damage the SU-122 would sustain in that scenario. How do you envisage the Maus driving over the it? One track over the engine deck and the other over the gun? That would certainly force down the gun barrel, and might lead to the Maus bellying on the superstructure roof (you can try it with the models to see if it would, I suppose). Cracked welds all around are also quite likely, so the SU-122 might just literally come apart at the seams. But then there’s also the question of what happens to its armour plates: are they hard enough that they shatter, or do they bend and buckle under the weight?
Thanks i will give it a go cracked, coming apart and buckled plates are the way to go.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Jim (Grumpa) has just completed his 'Slugged Stug' build which looks really good. Maybe he's the guy to talk to.

First Name
barry
Jim (Grumpa) has just completed his 'Slugged Stug' build which looks really good. Maybe he's the guy to talk to.
Yes I saw that Dave will have a word, thanks.