"...around the corner" Version 2

First Name
Charles
This diorama is nothing new. That's because it is a smaller version of the first diorama I built some years ago, which I dismantled because of unsatisfactory reasons. But, I wanted to do a smaller version of the previous one, but was not sure how I wanted it. So here is that same diorama with exception of the US figures. I wanted the attention to be on the opposite side.

I think I am satisfied with this version, although, I am sure there will be others who preferred the latter diorama to this. But no worries. To each, his own. 1f642.png:smiling3: BTW, I still have not improved on my figure painting as the figures have been left the same as on the previous diorama. Simply have not enough time to fully concentrate on that. So, I only, repainted certain parts of the figures and weathered them a little.

I was hesitant in showing this diorama due to the figures not being up to standard. But I have been busy with other Sci-FI projects lately. Anyhow, I hope you all like this version 2, regardless of the first. Thanks for your support and pepping me on my journey towards improvement. Small note. I had done more weathering after these photos were taken on the building.

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3h_zpsunsola9x.jpg

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3k_zpsmkz4awb5.jpg

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3g_zpsevbzte0h.jpg

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3l_zpslcq58ibj.jpg

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3j_zps6bay0bls.jpg

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3f_zpsir0vkchp.jpg

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3e_zpslpykrcu9.jpg

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3_zpsrwzgtwis.jpg

updated_around_the_corner_ver_3c_zps4ksazabb.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
superb,build with this one,Charles,have always like it a lot,great use of space and real well done, :D

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I remember the first one Charles, which was great, but I'm liking the smaller diorama better like you say you pay more attention to the subjects at the corner.

But as always with your work stunning.

First Name
Charles
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Absolutely wonderful work Charles, the combination of realism and little broached subject matter make this a special piece in my opinion...BRAVO!.....Jim :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
As always Charles , a superb piece of work. I remember the older one too , this one has just as much impact as the first. I love the way youve got the dry dusty effect on the vehicle and the figures look great to me (in fact theyre perfect for my figure painting skill level --their faces are covered up , i cant do faces!!!) cheers tony

First Name
Charles
As always Charles , a superb piece of work. I remember the older one too , this one has just as much impact as the first. I love the way youve got the dry dusty effect on the vehicle and the figures look great to me (in fact theyre perfect for my figure painting skill level --their faces are covered up , i cant do faces!!!) cheers tony

Thanks tony. I hear ya. That's exactly why I added these figures. you can't see their faces. :smiling3:  I am also terrible at painting them.

B

Builder

Awesome work there Charles mate, just awesome! I think I've seen some of your work somewhere, but I can't remember, in any case very well done. 

First Name
Charles
This was what version 1.5 looked like just before I decided to changed the scenerio for the third time around.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Exceptional!! O.o :o B| :x

Both versions!!

First Name
Gwyn
Well done Charles excellent work. I like the second one I can imagine the figures thinking what is around this corner? 

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Top quality as normal Charles, fantastic mate 

Lee :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Just when you think the master has done his best he goes and betters it, incredible work Charles, always a pleasure to see the master at work

First Name
Charles
Well done Charles excellent work. I like the second one I can imagine the figures thinking what is around this corner? 

Thanks people. Glad you all like both versions. But unfortunately there is only one.

This was what version 1.5 looked like just before I decided to changed the scenerio for the third time around.