SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice indeed Steve .

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
I am in awe at the skill and artistic flair that you achieve in these busts and figure modelling in general, makes my art A level look very mundane.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I am in awe at the skill and artistic flair that you achieve in these busts and figure modelling in general, makes my art A level look very mundane.
That’s very kind of you, the drawn image isn’t mine , free license on Google.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I am in awe at the skill and artistic flair that you achieve in these busts and figure modelling in general.
I know exactly what he means Steve. I feel exactly the same. Figure painting at your skill level is a mysterious, dark art to most of us.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I know exactly what he means Steve. I feel exactly the same. Figure painting at your skill level is a mysterious, dark art to most of us.
Thanks Jim,
Seriously it’s not that hard to achieve, just need some decent oils, brushes a drying box is a must and a belief that what starts out looking basic, will overtime and more painting turn out ok’ish in the end.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Steve

Nice bust, and a nice start to the paint job. Talking about oil paints you might want to look into getting some ALKYD oils. These perform exactly like regular oils but they dry in about 12 hours without a drying box. For me they are the perfect combination of oil paint blending possibilities and translucency, and a drying time almost like acrylics. Windsor and Newton do them as well as some other makers.

John

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Had to give his head a coat of Matt varnish and as last time Ammo ultra turned the colours funny, thought I would use some ‘proper’ oil paint Matt varnish, definitely squeaky bum time though, fingers crossed and waiting for it to dry out completely, then I can start applying the clown face to his left side.

Have applied some surfacer to the left side of his cardigan to turn it onto a suit jacket, as worn in the killing scene of Murray.84592D2C-852D-457D-AC51-94D1DA7C1370.jpeg2B3B0EB0-722F-498F-8E02-644003AA3E55.jpeg

Left the lid open on this occasion