Article section

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Ian M, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddiesolo

eddiesolo It's a modelling time!

First Name:
    Si.
    Righto, thanks Ian.

Si:)

2. tecdes

tecdes Guest

Gordon Bennett !

3. stona

stona SMF Poster

First Name:
    Steve
    I think that makes sense. People have all sorts of arcane knowledge about all sorts of topics so why not share it!

It will be fine until someone asks what colour they should paint their Spitfire's wheel well :)

Cheers

Steve

4. eddiesolo

eddiesolo It's a modelling time!

First Name:
    Si.
    :D :D

Si:)

5. Bunkerbarge

Bunkerbarge Guest

I actually think that having things in the existing sections makes things easier to find. With an article section we could now have an article on an aircraft build in a different section to aircraft builds. It makes more logical sense to me to have it in the aircraft build section, where we can find it. If we have an article section it will be full of all sorts of different topics. The articles will lead to threads that will contain usefull information that is not in the section where you would expect to find it.

I think we may sometimes be in danger of making too many changes and would tend to leave things alone until we identify a real need to change something. I really think the key to a succesfull forum, apart from a freindly and respectull membership, is keep it simple and easy to navigate.

That's my head above the parapet.

6. Ian M

Ian M GB Mod Administrator Moderator

First Name:
    Ian
    But who has said there would be build articles Richard. Far from it. The Articles would relate to 'real life' and possibly mention suitable kits that could be used for a particular aircraft.

The Q&A part would be strictly regarding to the articles content. Any "what colour are the wheel wells on this spitfire" will either be deleted or moved to the relevant area.

I never had any idea that an idea, which I thought so simple, would give rise to so many problems.

Ian M

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  7. Andy2035

Andy2035 SMF Poster

First Name:
    Andy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.