Attaching the gunners hands to the machine gun handles...How?

First Name
Charles
For those of you who have built the 'charlie on the left...' figure kit by Masterbox, how did you attached the machine gunner hands(which are closed), to the grip? I want it to look to holding the grip. Pics please if possible. Thanks.

H

HerrElektrika

Hi

I have not really built the kit, so I can't speak intelligently about it, but I can give you some ideas :smiling4:

It may take some patience but you may have to carefully chop the hand and carve out a small portion to "seat" the handle of the machine gun. then you will have to add the part of the hand you chopped and make up for the gap with some sculpting to make it truly look like the hands are gripping. Either that or you can drill a tiny hole in the middle of the gripped hand, cut the handle of the machine gun and make it fit with the hand. then glue/sculpt any remaining part that does not look complete.

It may be scary to chop up important parts of the model :smiling6: but if you take your time it should turn out better than before. So this is just a couple ways I might do it, other more experienced modelers may have another idea

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I have not really built the kit, so I can't speak intelligently about it, but I can give you some ideas :smiling4:
Practicing your thread necromancy skills? :smiling3:

But yes, I’d basically do it much the same way. We’re probably talking about the .50-cal gunner from this picture:

2534_2_mbx35105_1.jpg

and I’d say the simplest way would be to cut the grips off so the hand fits in between the bits that remain. Better to remove too little first and trim them back until the hands fit, by the way, than to remove too much and having to add bits of plastic rod or something to the hands again.