Audi R8 Mountain Bike Carrier

P

PWick

This is the Revell kit version. Other than the twisted, buckled floor, front and rear windows buckled, and side windows too long and too high and oh yes trying to fit the body over the interior, was nigh on impossible. I had to shave down the door panels, take off the dash and shave off the mounting to the floor and about a 1/4" round the top of the dash as it touched the body without the windows in!
With the engine surround there is a window panel at the back of the seats, this was also far too high and wide so shaved that down too! And a few other problems, too many to count!
Anyway here's the finished article.........................
40.JPG
41.JPG
42.JPG
45.JPG
52.JPG
The bikes, roof bars and top box come from a Fujimi kit. The decals are a Dot Camo from Scale Motorsport. The rear bike rack is scratch built.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Very nice! If only I had money I would certainly be buying this motor.

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great result Patrick. I’m surprised it didn’t learn how to fly with all those issues.....glad it didn’t though...
Tim

First Name
Steve
Patrick after all of the problems you had it has turned out fantastic, i really think it's great, as for Revell i did a truck around xmas time and it was close to being binned a dozen times, nothing fitted properly every part was covered in flash some parts were broken inside the bags, anyway i mastered it in the end but it's just put me off Revell after having to do so many modifications.

Patrick very well done you can be proud of it.

Steve.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Patrick, This is just too cool!!! An R8 as a bike carrier and you really pulled this off conquering all the probs along the way. Decals are tight and those rims are fantastic. How did you do them in red if I may ask???

Prost
Allen

P

PWick

Thanks guys for your great comments, yes we have to try and get over bad product, and yes I thought the best place was the bin!
It's my second supercar conversion, the first was the Fujimi McLaren GT3 race car into a fast road surfboard carrier!
McL2.jpg
Allen, I brush painted directly onto the chrome rim and spokes the clear red used for the rear/brake lights!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks Patrick for the info! A McLaren GT3 as a surfboard carrier is also a killer idea. I really like the finishes on them. So what's next if I may ask?

Prost
Allen

P

PWick

That's OK Allen.
Well that's a secret! But as It's you......
1.JPG
AND................
1 mpc-ice-cream- truck.jpg
Both started today, I just hope I don't mix up the parts!

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
A mix-up would result in "Even Faster Eddie's Ice Cream"!

Pete

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Patrick,
Some really cool, unique builds:smiling4: Look forward to seeing next projects!
Si