Avro XC-100 (CF-100) Wooden Mock-up in 1/48

First Name
Jean-Marc
HI !
Here another project I been working on for a while now, Using the HOBBYCRAFT kit I'm converting it to the prototype muck-up XC-100 version , Here a POPORRI of the work I have done so far !

DSCF0519.JPGDSCF0960.JPGDSCF0961.JPGDSCF1642.JPGDSCF1643.JPGDSCF2151.JPGDSCF2153.JPGDSCF3009.JPGDSCF4312.JPGDSCF5826.JPGDSCF5828.JPG

(MAY 12th) Today I have completed the structure of the bottom section and started to clean the top part
DSCF6328.JPGDSCF6329.JPGDSCF6332.JPGDSCF6333.JPG

Enjoy !
Jmarc

Last edited by a moderator:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's bonkers!!! But in a VERY good way.. excellent work!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Interesting project, J-M
By the way I think you might mean MOCK up and not MUCK up. lol
Would you like me to edit the posts for you?
Also it looks like there is a problem with your keyboard. The letters keep sticking and repeating.
Better keep off the biscuits while typing Jean-Marc.

First Name
Jean-Marc
Interesting project, J-M
By the way I think you might mean MOCK up and not MUCK up. lol
Would you like me to edit the posts for you?
Also it looks like there is a problem with your keyboard. The letters keep sticking and repeating.
Better keep off the biscuits while typing Jean-Marc.

HI,HI,HI .. actually , the ideal is to attract attention !

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Oh, the Canuck, nice work so far. :thumb2:

First Name
Jean-Marc
I'm glad you like it .. Well, it's for a personnal AVRO CANADA project ..I'm now over 89 projects completed ..Here some of them ..If you are interested to see the WIP on those I can provide you with the google pages I have done for each of them !
Enjoy ...

DSCF4198.JPGDSCF3229.JPGDSCF3366.JPGimage012.jpgDSCF7233.JPGDSCF3217.JPGDSCF0088(redimensionné)(2).jpgchat 1683.jpgDSCF9660.JPGimage002.jpgimage001.jpgDSCF0388.JPGDSCF9010.JPG

First Name
Andrzej
I'm glad you like it .. Well, it's for a personnal AVRO CANADA project ..I'm now over 89 projects completed ..Here some of them ..If you are interested to see the WIP on those I can provide you with the google pages I have done for each of them !
Enjoy ...

Wow, Jean-Marc.
You are modeling EVERYTHING!!!!! :smiling:
Sure, I will look at Google pages with pleasure.

I used to build RC models and flew them too, latest ones were gas engine powered 50CC. It was fun but you can not do all you want when you have a full time job.
Keep up that great work!!!

First Name
Jean-Marc
Wow, Jean-Marc.
You are modeling EVERYTHING!!!!! :smiling:
Sure, I will look at Google pages with pleasure.

I used to build RC models and flew them too, latest ones were gas engine powered 50CC. It was fun but you can not do all you want when you have a full time job.
Keep up that great work!!!

Cool, RC is a costly hobby and also when the aircraft you fly crash most be quite a déception .. I never got in it cause of this..I remember a model show I attend in the 90'.. a guy build a beautyfull and quite close to reality P-40 WARHAWK with all the cockpit and exterior details including retractable gears , he wont the 'best of show' .. than later that day , he made it fly on a front of the crowd and guess. what ..on a low pass he hit a small lightpost that was about 2 feet high on the field just right at the front of the crowd .. Man poor fellow all the work he had done vanish in an instant...it's than i realize that it,s not for me ..lol

..You got it right !...and I enjoy it all on a top of that ..Before the PANDEMIC,I was able to show some of my work at the NATIONAL AIRMUSEUM here in OTTAWA ,Canada just under the nose of the ARROW where the remain of the CF-105 are and since the museum is open now I hope this year to do the same thing but with more projects..Here a pic of the presentation I have done at the museum ..

OTTAWA.jpg

.Sure here is the GOOGLE picture page I created for the picture of AVRO CF-105 MARH 1 MUCK-UP project . be ready there is 800 images to view ..

# 1 AVRO CF-105 MARH 1 MUCK-UP

I'm looking forward to see what you will do with the cockpit you are working on and do not hesitate to ask if I can be any help !
Enjoy
Jmarc

First Name
Andrzej
Cool, RC is a costly hobby and also when the aircraft you fly crash most be quite a déception .. I never got in it cause of this..I remember a model show I attend in the 90'.. a guy build a beautyfull and quite close to reality P-40 WARHAWK with all the cockpit and exterior details including retractable gears , he wont the 'best of show' .. than later that day , he made it fly on a front of the crowd and guess. what ..on a low pass he hit a small lightpost that was about 2 feet high on the field just right at the front of the crowd .. Man poor fellow all the work he had done vanish in an instant...it's than i realize that it,s not for me ..lol

..You got it right !...and I enjoy it all on a top of that ..Before the PANDEMIC,I was able to show some of my work at the NATIONAL AIRMUSEUM here in OTTAWA ,Canada just under the nose of the ARROW where the remain of the CF-105 are and since the museum is open now I hope this year to do the same thing but with more projects..Here a pic of the presentation I have done at the museum ..

.Sure here is the GOOGLE picture page I created for the picture of AVRO CF-105 MARH 1 MUCK-UP project . be ready there is 800 images to view ..

I'm looking forward to see what you will do with the cockpit you are working on and do not hesitate to ask if I can be any help !
Enjoy
Jmarc

I will call you Jmarc, just like you signed above, is that OK? Much faster than Jean-Marc. That is the reason (I said that somewhere here earlier), I use AJ as it is just instant, and nobody has to spell Andrzej. :tongue-out3: Let me know if it is OK.

RC hobby, I hear you, I saw it quite a few times (crashes and loss of models entirely). That is definitely a sad part of that hobby.
Now, hear that, I was flying, I believe it was aerobatic 50CC plane and my buddy was flying his even bigger, 100CC plane.
There is plenty of room when you fly and midair hit is not very common.
But we just head almost a head on collision.
Both planes came down in pieces, I wish someone took a video of it (I do not even have pictures either).
I believe I was able to fix mine but my buddy's plane was gone.
So, yes, in this hobby you take a risk (like in car races in real life) but it was fun for sure.
Just wanted to share the story. :smiling:

I am sure it feels great to share your work. Good luck this year. Hope this crazy pandemic will not pose as much restrictions as in the past.
I was thinking about it the other day and I think that sharing the fun with others is a big part of any hobby.
Example, I used to go to sod farm and fly my RC controlled planes by myself and it was fun BUT not as much as when others were present.
I think that it works similar in this hobby, through the posts. ;)

I scrolled through all pictures you linked in Google, I left the tab open and will look at them all today.
All I can tell is: VERY IMPRESSIVE. The attention to details is incredible and I can imagine project like that has to take lots of time.
Excellent job, Jmarc!
Sorry for a stupid question, I see that the display shows building the wooden plane, unless I misinterpreted something.
Is that the case? It should be like that?
The real one is not wooden.
I mean I know you use wood for making model but it should be left to be seen as wood?
Since I am a total newbie in this area, I am curious.

SU-27 cockpit, do not expect much in that area.
The canopy will be closed, and I already made too many mistakes to correct now plus it is glued together so I will just do (I will tr anyway) to add some red and black dots and do some wash for panel.
It might turn out just super ugly but if it does, I am OK.
Keep in mind that the purpose of this build is to see how certain construction details go together, where and how surfaces meet/blend, so I can properly design my 3D model in Blender (I will be adding some pictures as I go as well).
So far I also made a basic flight model in software called Plane Maker that makes the model fly in simulator called X-Plane.
In other words, SU-27 cockpit is an experimental base for me to try things so it will sure not look nice. :tears-of-joy:

Sorry for such a long reply, I hope it did not make you fall asleep, lol,lol. ;)