B-17G Flying Fortress 'Miss Demeanor' 1/48 Monogram

T

treyzx10r

I'm embarking on a rather ambitous project ,going to try and replicate the airframe that my friends Father flew in during the war. He is doing the research on the tail numbers and hoping to find a actual picture of it. So far as we can tell the aircraft was called Miss Demeanor and we've got the tail number id,more info on that as it comes in. The kit will be suplemented with a lot of a/m resin and photo-etch parts ,heres the start pic of whats arrived so far

The basic office floor and bulkheads together

the seat rail support assembly is very frail but with a fresh #11 blade I was able to coax it away from the casting without breaking it. Considering my ham fists that was no small feat!

I'll be cleaning up lots of resin over the next few weeks for sure,stay tuned! cheers Trey

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Good luck Trey, an amazing project to undertake. Looking forward to seeing it evolve.

First Name
Dave
Very interested in this build Trey. I grew up near Bassingbourn,home of the 91st bomb group.Made a few B17's in my youth. Have yet to build this old Monogram kit though.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I can sence another Trey master class build here.

Or is it a practice run for the up comming 1/32 scale kit.....

Ian M

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
In my opinion, the B17 just looks right. And if something looks right - we all know the rest. Looking forward to seeing this one.

First Name
Michael
No pressure Trey, but we're all expecting something great here. I know this will be good. M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
I'm sat comfortable Trey mate, looking forward to another masterpiece.

Tony.

1275GT

That looks a serious amount of work, but at least it'll keep you out of trouble for a while :smiling3: Is it a NMF or Olly Drab?

Cheers, Neil

T

treyzx10r

Thanks for the support and encouragement everyone its needed and appreciated. Neil thankfully its not a NMF scheme,this is scary enough already. Its been slow tedious progress so far cleaning up the resin and thinning it without breakage. This is a lot more complicated than the Ju88 resin office I did a while back,geuss thats to be expected. Heres the little bit of progress so far

thanks again for the great support,cheers Trey

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks tidy Trey, this is going to be a great build.

First Name
Dave
A lot of resin there.Ive got the 1/48 B24 in my stash.Ive only bought resin engines and an Eduard cockpit set for it though.

C

Caledonia

Look forward to seeing this progress Trey, I see you are making good progress in your aircraft research on another website. Cheers Derek

S

Sky Raider

Great progress Trey, i can see this turning into another of your masterpeices.

Andy

T

treyzx10r

Sorry for the long delay in updating this!Very slow going on the interior. The resin parts are thick and need to thinned quite a bit to get them to flex enough to fit the curve of the fuselage without breaking. They also do'nt quite line up perfectly so its even more aggravating trying to get all the components to align properly. There are some small gaps that will need tending to but nothing major.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looking good Trey! This is a very interesting build to watch, looking forward to more soon.

T

treyzx10r

Slow but steady I'm chipping away at the office bits! The IP is close, still need the throttle quadrant and some small knobs and handles to add

First Name
Michael
IP looks great Trey, that P.E takes a while doesn't it. This is great build to watch, m

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Great work as usual Trey