B-17G Flying Fortress 'Miss Demeanor' 1/48 Monogram

W

Willi262

The only thing holding me back from attempting a 48 scale bomber the size of the B-17 is for a lack of space to put it when I was done.

K

Kressy_13

You have done an amazing job on this so far. Looks awesome and the detail is quite realistic. Keep it up mate.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Welcome back Trey, and fantastic progress. Miss Demeanor is looking great, well worth the wait for the latest update.

T

treyzx10r

Huge thanks for all the positive input from everybody,especially considering my long gaps between updates! I so thank all of you for being patient and so supportive,you all rock!

Finally got some relaxing build time in and decided to tackle the turrets,really dreaded this part of the build but it turned out far less painful than I thought it would be! Got some nice clean masking in and it has boosted my morale to keep on going! Really hunting some decals now at this point and they are proving quite hard to find ! The tail has a white square with a black H in it and I'm not finding anything, serial # being 42-37842 on this airframe so any input you all might have in the decal quest would be greatly appreciated,thanks in advance .cheers Trey

Masked off the Deice boots and got those painted

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Lovely work Trey, she is coming along very nicely indeed. Bet you were glad to finish masking that ball turret.

K

krow113

Excellent progression.

I do run a little mask/decal show on the side. Singular subjects only, your model qualifies there. Recently I supplied a set of custom masks and decals for a 1/32 B-17 .I do have all the reference materials required to produce these items. I use thin paint mask ,readliy available at sign supply houses. It is low tack and easy to work with. I f you are intertested pm me and we will see what we can do.

I have my own 1/48 B-17 on the go as well , although it has languished for some time.....

T

treyzx10r

Joe thanks and you are sooooooooo right was glad to have that behind me!

Krow thanks appreciate the help

I've got the turrets wrapped up using the metal upgrade gun barrels,must say they are worth every penny!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful work trey ! the turrets on their own are a superb build!! cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Doesn't it look a different beast with some paint on it. Looking great.

First Name
Gregg
This is one superb build and a credit to you Trey, I can't wait to see the finished article.

Last night I was going through some old photo's and negatives I had forgotten I had, and found these given to me many years ago by a friend.

I immediately your B17 came to mind. So I hope you don't mind if I indulge on posting them here!

Gregg

View attachment 71953

View attachment 71954

View attachment 71955

View attachment 71956

B17 385 BG Great Ashfield Suffolk2.jpg

B17 385 BG Great Ashfield Suffolk6.jpg

B17 385 BG Great Ashfield Suffolk7.jpg

B17 385 BG Great Ashfield Suffolk8.jpg

P

Polux

Uffff.... :rolleyes:

I can only say that is superb,Trey...

It's a beautiful & witched work!

Polux

Last edited:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Interesting items Gregg. Trey, fantastic work mate. That ball turret and the barrels have come out tops.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Trey such detail and some fantastic canopy work, keep posting.