B-1b "lancer" 1:72 Scale

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy guys and gals,

Ok, well its been about two weeks since my last model and since I have a Dr's. appointment tomorrow I thought i would build atleast one plane today.

So, Todays build is of the Rockwell B-1B "Lancer" Strategic Bomber. This model was part of an old Monogram "Dual combo" kit which included both the B-1 and an F-16 (I havent built the F-16 yet).

This kit is abit harder to find now a days but you can still find it online at places like: Old Model Kits: Aurora, Revell, Monogram and other rare and out of production model kits .

Below is a photo of the box art:

Monogram%206142%20B-1GiftS.JPG

And below is my build sitting on the driveway as usual:

This model is huge when completed even at 1:72 scale. Its fun to assemble although having built it several times before, I opted to leave off the cruise missiles on this build. Having seen this aircraft many times at various airshows, the plane just looks better w/o the missiles. Another thing, I have seen the green and gray camo pattern on one of these birds at an airshow, but for the most part, you see this bird in a dark gray which I tried to replicate here with a krylon rattle can.

Have a good day and thanks for looking,

Greg

ps: this will look pretty neat behind the KC-135 Straottanker i am considering building next :grinball2:

D

Dingo

That looks great Greg BUT just how big is it, wots it's lenght etc. come on let us all know put us out of our missery. me's:thinking:2ft long at least.

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Russell,

Thanks for the compliment. You were right, its a little more than 2 ft. longwith about a 2 ft. wingspan with the wings extended. Its almost as long as the fuselage of the KC-135 I have and plan on building soon. I also still have a C-130 to build as well as a Bregeut "Atlantic" anti-submarine warfare aircraft, a C-46 "Commando" , a fokker F-27 and a PS-1/US-1 anti-submarine flying boat .

I have been scouring the internet and saving photos of decals that I might use for each of the aircraft. Since I print my own decals the sky is the limit as to what I can come up with for markings.

Anyway, have a good day,

Greg

R

rjwood_uk

great stuff greg!!

i love the lancer. and you have done it proud.

here is a pic i took (dont know where or when but i think i was about 6)...thats my excuse for the poor photography anyway lol.

as always looking forward to the next model.

Richard