over hear i can say 500 ml X 350 ml

some that shows Berlin having a very bad day,:rolleyes:

please remember that resizing things on the pc is not my best point,:confused:

any help would be greatly appreciated, :smiling3:

View attachment 92437

20141113_180714.jpg

C

callmehobbes

I often use photos from various books for backdrops. Have a look around your local charity shops, sometimes you can find some real gems for just a few pennies. Obviously you can't resize them etc but it might help.

D

dubster72

There's plenty of images on Google Moni, or any bomb damaged city would work - unless you want a Berlin landmark, like the Brandenburg Gate

View attachment 92442

Look for images of 2 mega pixels & above, they will allow for better re-sizing. If you have a smartphone, there's a very simple easy-to-use app that I have.

publishable.jpg

L

Laurie

Also Moni as you are printing your picture most printers have means of printing to differing scales.

Laurie

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You're going to have serious problems trying to get a picture 50cm x 30cm out of a domestic printer Moni! Most printers will only accept A3 as the maximum size and that's only 29.7cm x 42cm - maybe that would be close enough for what you want though?

If that's not big enough, as Patrick says, there are loads of images on the web. I might suggest you find one you like and copy it on to a memory stick. Take that to a local printing company and ask them to print it at the size you want.

Don't forget the scale factor though. Check that the image you want will give you the scale you need when magnified. For example, your figures in 1/35 are about 2" tall. You need to make sure that any figures in the magnified picture will be the same size.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta for the input all, and info, ;)

the charity shops, do sound a good way, for getting back round, pics, but over hear there not that good,

but can always give it a go,

ta Patrick, thats the type im looking for,i did find some on google but when i did try just to resize it ,went real grainy ;)

but how do i see how meany pixels, :confused:

hi Laurie, i was going to put the image on a USB and take to office works to get done,to cheap to buy ink att $ 95. a wee bit costly, :rolleyes:

hi Dave thats what i was thinking of doing at the office works,and a very good idea,as above the printer cost me $29 for a epson, xp-100,

S

Stevekir

Once you get your image, you could visit a photographic shop to see if they have a large-format printer. Jessops in the UK have these and will produce a big image. I don't know what it would cost. Also, as someone said, you need to have enough pixels in your photo to cope with the enlargement that you need. The shop would advise on that. It mould help if you photographed the background a bit out of focus, as it would be in reality, which would help to disguise graininess.

A

AlasdairGF

If you want to print large pictures, make sure you only search for high-res pics as Patrick says above. For instance, use the "Search tools" in Google Images... in the screenshot below, I've chosen only 4MP or bigger images when searching for "bomb damage berlin" and while most of the results are aerial photos, some might be really good - the fourth on there, for instance, it's even in colour!

Click on "Search tools" then on "Size" - also helps to select the "Show sizes" option under "More tools". Some of those images are HUGE!

One other thing: finding the perfect picture and then increasing the size won't work - image zooming just doesn't do in reality what it does on the movies!!! You need to find a big pic first.

Good luck...

View attachment 94542

scr2.png

First Name
Mike
I'm guessing you're probably not going to see much behind your model, apart from a skyline. Here's a decent size image (which I see appeared in Alasdair's Google search too):-

http://cdn.history.com/sites/2/2013/12/berlin_end_of_ww2.jpg

As it stands (uncropped) this would print 50cm x 39cm (approx) at almost 200dpi, which should be fine for your purposes.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thank you all so much for the info, ;)

well have offices works over her Steve,and they are not to bad on cost wise,

and know better than I about resizing stuff,:rolleyes:

had never noticed that Alasdair,when looking on google ,the search tools,and what it did

that is the type of thing i was after,Mike,will have to see how much it costs to get done,and hold people up,

in the line,lol,lov doing that,at shops:D