SMF Poster
First Name
monica
wow,but all its good for in to make the veggies,grow better,;):rolleyes:
mud fish,:confused:

col68

First Name
colin
Over here moni carp fishng is big money people would pay a lot of money. For a chance of catching that size of fish

monica

SMF Poster
First Name
monica
just go,s to show you the different between,hear and there,as hear they a pest fish,
and that the main use of them,turned in to fertilizer ;)
if you catch and release them you do get fined,for it,

grumpa

SMF Poster
First Name
Jim
just go,s to show you the different between,hear and there,as hear they a pest fish,
and that the main use of them,turned in to fertilizer ;)
if you catch and release them you do get fined,for it,
You are correct Monica, carp are not exactly a good eating fish, very oily, boney and earthy but the
Asians love them for soup:rolleyes: We catch them all the time and release them because our pond - er - lake is only three or four meters at it's deepest but spread out over a large area.
The work of a couple of beaver clans who dammed up the creek a hundred yeas ago which created a beautiful lake / marshland with tons of wildlife including snapping turtles over a hundred pounds:eek: The carp are welcome because they graze like cattle and keep waterways from clogging with vegetation;) we catch them using a few kernels of canned corn on small hooks and stout tackle. Average weight 20 t0 30 pounds but this one was well over 50. My boy chopped it into giant steaks and swears he's gonna give it a go over the fire

monica

SMF Poster
First Name
monica
we eat milkfish,that's a bit like a carp,muddy in taste ,but that's as far as it go,s for me,:D
and with,that monster your son,has,oh my ,he would like to odd carp or so,I would think,
hope you don,t eat them,as its cool looking thing,:smiling3:

stillp

SMF Poster
First Name
Peter
They're a 'delicacy' in some European countries, but I've never found them very tasty.

grumpa

SMF Poster
First Name
Jim
They're a 'delicacy' in some European countries, but I've never found them very tasty.
we eat milkfish,that's a bit like a carp,muddy in taste ,but that's as far as it go,s for me,:D
and with,that monster your son,has,oh my ,he would like to odd carp or so,I would think,
hope you don,t eat them,as its cool looking thing,:smiling3:
Not a turtle soup fan but many do love them:confused: Tastes sort of like fishy chicken:oops:...Not my cuppa tea.

Love venison, can make any cut taste like fillet mignon, but anyway hate to boast but we get some kinda big catfish also beside sizable bass and pike and they are good eating;)
Youngest is an avid fisherman and hunter :cool:
the old man can't keep up anymore:oops:........Jim:smiling3:

monica

SMF Poster
First Name
monica
oh my never seen a pike,,anywhere near that size, and yes looks very ,very ,BRRRRRRRR,:D