Badger 105 Patriot

B

BarkingDog

I was thinking of getting one of these. The blurb says it's fine for spraying all mediums, but doesn't mention the seals. Are the seals and rings Teflon and OK for shooting lacquer, Alclad Kotes etc

i really like what I'm hearing about these and although the needle is quite big the conversion set is as cheap as chips.

Last edited:

R_G

Member left By Request
Has left the Building
First Name
Ralph
I purchased a Patriot about a year ago and have had very good luck with it. The seals are Teflon and although I've only sprayed acrylic paints I have cleaned it a few times using lacquer thinner and have not had any problems. It's a great airbrush.

RG

J

John Rixon

Badger have been making excellent airbrushes for decades, I used a couple of 200 single actions professionally for 10 years, almost daily. Never clogged, never failed me and I still hanker for that total reliability to this day! I used them with Indian Ink and Badger's own "Air Opaque" liquid acrylics, which were also exemplary in every respect. I'm guessing that the nozzle was 0.4, but that meant I could spray a consistent line less than half a millimetre wide, all day! It's for this reason that I'm probably gonna treat myself to one of these, very soon...

image.jpeg

Have a look at Flory's review, it comes out very well!

B

BarkingDog

Thanks very much for the replies guys. You've confirmed what I've thought.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Im getting these in the week, only £14.99, not Iwata but over £100 cheaper :smiling3: 'image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: