Battle of Britain Part 3 Spitfire Mk1

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi everyone

Anyone following my Spitfire builds maybe wondering what has become of them. Well, the diorama is well under way I may post progress pics tomorrow. However, because it's been such a long time since I last posted progress I thought I'd show post a couple of pics of the 'green screen' model with a little Photoshop magic.

This sort of demonstrates what I'm trying to do but this technique will really come into it's own when I have a couple of different aircraft to shoot - let the dogfights begin!

Anyway here's 2 tests to whet the appetite...

Patrol over Dover

View attachment 107897

Victory roll...

View attachment 107898

Cheers

P

Dover.jpg

Sunset.jpg

D

dubster72

Now that's a bit special Paul! The first pic with the 3 Spits could be used as a print in a frame!

I wish I knew more about this technical stuff!

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Let me get this right :confused: You've taken a photo of the model against a green background and photo-shopped it onto a photo of the sky ???? Amazing on both counts. The models look superb............

............ or are they photos of real aircraft ? :confused::confused::confused: ................ I'm very confused here:smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cheers guys

Thanks for the positive comments guys regarding the photoshop stuff. I've got an update on the diorama to come but I wanted to let you know that Part 4 of the Battle of Britain builds will start very shortly and will be the He 111 modelled as either an H2 or H3.

I may also post a few more photoshop shots in here.

Thanks again

P

D

dougie

Photos look great, its another time consuming hobby to add to model making for a lot of people! I barely have time to edit my own family photos at the moment! Look forward to seeing more :smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Dougie, Scott, Ian, Joe I'm glad you like the shots.

This will get a lot more interesting (I think) when I have a few more models completed in the same way. I'm going to complete a 109, a 110 an He 111 and a Hurri like this which should open the door to some great dog fight shots. At least, that's the plan.

Cheers

P

P

Plastickitbasher

Very very good and very clever, just wish I knew more about photoshop.

When can we see more of this stunning work??????

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Brilliant .I have a photoshop program but could not get my head round adding layers and such like so gave it up.

D

Deleted member 3568

That is amazing the models are so good they could be real.

Is it easy to do that, if it is, is it possible to do a mini tutorial for,( in my case anyway) dummies

I can see how this could change modeling for all types not just planes, my Warspite dio for instance I could have depicted the tracer rounds.

As I said super models they really do look real.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Amazing on a counts, the best ones for me are with Dover in the background superb , :D