First Name
monica
looks great nice clean build,like how you have pickup the lines with the

darker shadows, ;)

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Nice job, put it against a black background and it coulbe a still from the series.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Superb job Jim .............. Five Big Stars from me Matey.

Peter

B

beav1013

Thanks guys. I have a raider in my stash then I'm all done my bsg stash

N

noble

Very nice work on the Galactica, can you tell me what grey colours you used?

scott

B

beav1013

Hey Scott. I used Tamiya paints neutral grey, sky grey, and dark grey. To be honest I don't remember if there was a straight color used as I'm pretty sure I mixed the shades together for faded looks and not being happy with how light/dark certain things turned out. I did this one close to a year ago at this point so I'm going on shaky memory.

I also did some sponge chipping with testors enamel, plain grey, on the armor plates. It was more distinct before I put the clear coats and weathering on but it's still there if you look.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That's a cracker and I painted mine in the same colours , I'm at he moment putting battle damage on mine as I thought it looked too clean

:D

First Name
Mike
I'm not that familiar with BSG but your model looks superb, I blew the pics up on screen to better appreciate all the subtle grey shades. Did you apply a wash in the panel lines?

B

beav1013

thanks guys. yes mike, i think this was the first model i used ak interactive products on. i used one of their washes for the panel lines and in between ribs of the beast. i used to use just a chalk pastel wash so it was a bit of an experiment for me to use an oil based wash.