Bedford QL Portee question

wasdale32

SMF Poster
First Name
Mark
Hi - picked up the Italeri (aka Max/Airfix/Revell etc etc) Bedford QL Porteee & 6 pdr cheap in a rummage bin at a military show.

I know its a bit old and the moulds are a bit tired but its something I've been meaning to build for about 40 years.

My question is - what is the rear deck (platform) surface? is it timber or metal? The moulding is smooth with raised rivets/screws.

If it is timber I'd like to give it some wood texture - if it is steel then I'll do the standard
I've looked at just about every photo of
the portee on g**gle and there doesn't seem to be a single one showing the deck. If it is timber I

First Name
Mark
don't understand why this post has got chopped up - with some text missing.

The gist is there so I assume the answer to the question as to whether the portee has a wooden cargo deck or metal plates is "mobody knows"

regards
Mark

First Name
Mark
Thanks - will probably just go with the worn/rusted metal floor plates - I've already gone half-blind folding 2mmx1.5mm PE hasps and staples for it - cutting out the floor plates would be going too far!

First Name
Jon
Of absolutely no help at all to you but gun-trucks in Vietnam often had wooden planks put in over the metal flat-bed. A little extra protection from mines and helped to bed in the weapon system, usually a quad 50..This was crew choice.
Jon.