Beowulf's '55 Chevy Drag Racer

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
thought id something a little different

i know bugger all about drag racing........even less about American drag racing! ...so had to do a bit of research

seems this guy Charles Carpenter has only ever raced dragsters with a 1955 Chevy style body and this scheme is from the late 1980's

kit is self was new tool back in 1991

current plan is to build it with the body off, i will scratch some stands to put it on

2hcpabb.jpg

29pdsvs.jpg

14xkzya.jpg

zwl7b.jpg

30bciuq.jpg

F

Fenlander

Looks a interesting project. Good to see more cars coming on, it really is a diverse forum which is great as it inspires people to try different things. Now wher is that Tamiya Ducati bike kit I bought years ago????

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Love the look of this paul , cheers tony

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
This is interesting and I'm intrigued so I'm gonna watch this one........ Any one brought the beers??

Regards

Robert

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
progress so far..........plumbed in the NOS bottles, wired up the engine but it dosnt show too well, wished id used red instead of black wire but too late now

34zliec.jpg

10wl7gl.jpg

this aint the greatest kit, lots of bits are slightly warped, i think the roll cage might take a bit of persuasion to fit

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i made a 5 point seat belt from some 3mm ribbon

the roll cage is a pain in the posterior .....the instructions are a bit poor so i can only liken it to doing a 3d jigsaw when you have lost the box lid!

2v9c7xv.jpg

D

Deleted member 4539

Coming along really nicely Paul.

I do like the details you have added especially the seatbelt:smiling3:.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Love this paul , the scratch made seat belts are superb , and a great choice in using red ,it really makes them stand out , brilliant work , cheers tony

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Looking good Paul built this a few years ago ,bit late but if i can make a sugestion if you build another drag car with chrome engine use matt varnish on the chrome as the engines wernt chromed on dragsters as a rule.