Bf 109 E-1.....captured in France 1940 - Airfix 1/48

B

BigZimmo

Hi guys!!!

Latest news from my workbench: Airfix' Bf 109 E-1 in 1:48 scale.

In the night of 30. May 1940 Unteroffizier (Sergeant) Rudolf Hager from the I./JG 76 landed by mistake on a french airfield near St. Dizier. His Bf 109 E-1 was seized by the French and extensively tested.

Hager went into captivity as POW.

On the ferry flight to Orleans, where the planes "taken from the enemy" were gathered, the pilot (Constantin Rozanoff) could not be prevented, before landing, to make some demonstrations above the ground. However, a patrol of H 75 Curtiss of the GC II/5 based in Saint-Dizier was just returning, precisely at this moment from a mission and almost shot him down.

This kit is one of Airfix' "new tools" and it's great. In my opinion, this kit can compete thoroughly with kits from Tamiya, etc.!!:cool:

Cheers

Stefan:smiling3:

View attachment 87646

Bf 109 E-1 (1).jpg

Bf 109 E-1 (2).jpg

Bf 109 E-1 (3).jpg

Bf 109 E-1 (4).jpg

Bf 109 E-1 (5).jpg

Bf 109 E-1 (6).jpg

Bf 109 E-1 (7).jpg

Bf 109 E-1 (8).jpg

Bf 109 E-1 (9).jpg

Bf 109 E-1 (10).jpg

Bf 109 E-1.jpg

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nice one Stefan, that looks great, dio and backdrop really set it off

Lee :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome build Stefan. Nice to see a Bf109 in something other than the usual schemes. Interesting background too, the French pilot was probably lucky he didn't get shot down by the sounds of it. Beautifully photographed.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Lovely model Stefan and superb pictures.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Great build stefan , I've built this kit and I agree it's a great kit and I gave it 10/10 infact I enjoyed this kit so much I finished it in a day !

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great little dio Stefan, very well done ,do like the paint work on both plane and pilot :rolleyes:

K

kevin

Sheer beauty in 1/48. Congrats Stefan. Is the decking hand made?

T

treyzx10r

Great looking Emil Stefan,really strange seeing the French markings on that airframe. Glad to hear Airfix is stepping up their game. Very nicely done Sir!

P

phikoleoputra

Great plane there, and love the base mate. Well done Stefan

B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely job. I think the Emil is the best looking of the 109s, so much more of an aggressive front, and this setting is spot on. The backdrop works perfectly and you really do imagine yourself to be there.

Good to hear positive things about Airfix as well. I personally think they are doing an amazing job of turning the company round and mixing new toolings with old favorites to produce a pretty amazing catalogue.

B

BigZimmo

Thank you all for your kind words!!! :smiling3:

Kevin, the decking is made of wooden popsicle sticks. :smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Really nice 109 Stefan. Airfix really seem to be upping the ante with their new kits and your rendition of this captured aircraft is a fine example of what can be done with them. The setting and pilot are great too.

Lovely stuff

Paul

First Name
Mike
Looks great Stefan, makes me want to build a 109. (I agree with Richard, the Emil for me is the best looking variant, and so many colourful options). Really nice.