BF 110 D-3 (Dragon Models)

F

Ferrets Bueller

Looking good ray, cant wait to see the finished result

S

sprayman

Thanks Paul, I have had a lot of support on this, lets hope I dont disappoint.

T

treyzx10r

I found this site while researching the Uhu ,lots of pics hope it helps

Google Image Result for http://www.warbirdphotographs.com/LCBW4/He219-A7-5s.jpg

Trey

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Here's some staining.

They were supposed to clean stainning like this off,there were standing orders to do it and instructions on how to and with what. I think they generally did as a lot of pictures of aircraft on the ground have minimal stains. Obviously if yours has just landed ,particularly if it had been in action,it could be heavily stained.

Cheers

Steve

S

sprayman

Nice one Steve many thanks, Your a wealth of info and photographs, I hope and pray you back up your hard drive on a regular basis.....we would be lost without it....lol

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ray, I'm playing 'catch up' and I've just read through your thread. A great read so far and very well done with the build, it looks quite superb.

Ron

S

sprayman

Many thanks Ron, the kit is that good it almost builds itself.

Thought I would take advantage of the gloss surface to get started with the decals, got the key ones in place just got the other incidental ones to place, then I get on with the weathering and dulling down, plus a handfull of parts to glue in place.

Thanks for looking everyone.

D

dm73

Ray, i'm not a big plane fan but reading through your excellent build thread i'm feeling a purchase coming on, you've done a great job.

Darren

S

sprayman

Cheers Andy, and Thanks Darren, everyones kind comments have been a great help on the build of this gal, I would recommend this kit to anyone, no filler needed,no flash and just a damn fine fit.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I can only repeat what has been said by everyone else - an outstanding build so far, real quality stuff! and it seems as though your on the home straight and not far from completion.

All the best with what is going to be a fine Me110

Cheers

Paul

S

sprayman

Just a little update, already for the final weathering sequence now, not placed the Sharks mouth yet, it will be the very last job, as the nose is dry fitted, and popping it off will make it easier to do and weather.

So off she goes to have chipping, oil paints and a few pin washes done and the final stains and grime, will get the final pics ready when all weathered and dry.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
One word...Beautiful.

Cheers

Steve

F

Fenlander

Beautiful indeed. Such a high standard of finish, you could turn pro at spraying Ray ;) it really is stunning.

S

sprayman

Your generous and kind words are so much appreciated, many thanks for the support guys....lol Graham, if only airbrushing models was as easy as cars.

T

treyzx10r

Absolutely stunning Ray ,that is looking very sharp !!!

Trey

B

Bunkerbarge

i can't believe we have a 110 and an 88 finishing at the same time and they are both amazing. This 110 has blown me away throughout the build and the standard of finish and weathering is fantastic.

We really should think about putting a show on at some point. I wonder of John would be up for a table at the IPMSS show in Huddersfield, which is held every year at around February?

Interesting thought.

S

sprayman

Many thanks for the kind words Trey and Richard, still a bit to go with the old gal as she still looks a bit too clean.